Tinpot moments in Scottish politics

ICTChris

With the news that Peter Murrell possibly brought down the First Minister, the SNP and the independence movement to buy a fancy caravan, I thought this thread would be appropriate.

Share your tinpot moments here.

There was a weird period in the early 2000s when loads of party leaders resigned over stuff like taxi bills or office sublets or £200 donations not being declared properly. Seems like a load of rookie shit.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

With the news that Peter Murrell possibly brought down the First Minister, the SNP and the independence movement to buy a fancy caravan, I thought this thread would be appropriate.

Share your tinpot moments here.

whats this about a caravan? I must have missed that

Frank McAveety had to apologise for lying to Parliament saying he missed a meeting due to urgent ministerial business when he’d actually been eating pie, chips and beans. He later had to resign as a committee chairman after a hot mic caught him commenting on a female member of the public’s appearance - “There's a very attractive girl in the second row, dark... and dusky. We'll maybe put a wee word out for her.”