The El Sackio Derby - Part Deux

20 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Outside of Nisbet for goalscoring, Youan for his trickery, and Campbell for his industry, I dont think any other of our players would get in their squad on Saturday - which is some indictment.

I’ve seen less of David Marshall than you but given that Hearts are down to a 3rd choice keeper that seems a pretty damning indictment 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Hard to know how hearts will be, surely they couldn’t be any worse that Saturday.

The ole  cliche of a free hit as we’ve made our bed now.

Given that you've binned your manager because you have to be third, how the hell are any of your remaining games "free hits"?

10 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Being careful not to skew the answer by an emotively worded question: how do you currently rate Chris "fucking snake" Cadden?

I actually don’t mind Cadden, never in a million years is he a right back though. Simply cannot defend.

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

I actually don’t mind Cadden, never in a million years is he a right back though. Simply cannot defend.

It's almost laughable watching him defend, just lets players run at him. I am still reeling from the last two games in all honesty, Hearts doing their best to bottle 3rd and we are nowhere to be seen.

12 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’ve not seen less of David Marshall than you but given that Hearts are down to a 3rd choice keeper that seems a pretty damning indictment 

We all know full well Zander Clark will be back in the starting line up on Saturday, it’s Hearts in a derby, that is simply what Hearts do.

Speaking of which, managed to get Hearts draw no bet at 23/20 with Ladbrokes and I have lumped a sizeable sum of money on that.

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Given that you've binned your manager because you have to be third, how the hell are any of your remaining games "free hits"?

We binned the manager, at least in part, because there seemed to be little chance of us winning another game (and that is not meant at all hyperbolically) this season under Neilson, so fifth or sixth would have been more likely end points for us come May. 

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

We binned the manager, at least in part, because there seemed to be little chance of us winning another game (and that is not meant at all hyperbolically) this season under Neilson, so fifth or sixth would have been more likely end points for us come May. 

So how can Hearts have any "free hits"? Neilson was sacked to allow Hearts to be third.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So how can Hearts have any "free hits"? Neilson was sacked to allow Hearts to be third.

He seems to have been sacked to alleviate a poisonous atmosphere behind the scenes as well as in the stands.

Not a hope we were finishing third with him in place. Now, who knows?

Finishing third is important, so I don't agree with free-hit, but I think there's a general acceptance that we've probably fucked it. Hence entrusting it to a novice.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

He seems to have been sacked to alleviate a poisonous atmosphere behind the scenes as well as in the stands.

Not a hope we were finishing third with him in place. Now, who knows?

Finishing third is important, so I don't agree with free-hit, but I think there's a general acceptance that we've probably fucked it. Hence entrusting it to a novice.

Gary Locke was the obvious choice, at least for all non Hearts fans.

33 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It seems the very definition that to me - we were going to finish fifth or sixth anyway, so if Naismith does better than that, great. If not, well, that's where were going to end up if we'd done nothing.

Obviously finishing third is the hope, but nobody will blame Naismith if we don't. 

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Gary Locke was the obvious choice, at least for all non Hearts fans.

Funnily enough, the only people I've heard suggest Gary Locke (and every Hearts fan loves Gary Locke), are non Hearts fans.

Don't get me wrong, he didn't do terribly in difficult circumstances as boss at Tynecastle, but he's been out the managerial/coaching game for a while, and Kilmarnock fans do not speak highly of his time in charge there. 

Can't say I'm overly confident for this one. On one hand a change of manager might lift the players as a malaise had clearly set in, but there's also the concern that the confidence isn't that easy to lift when on a run like we are. I think if we could get ourselves in front it'd be a big lift and Hibs are obviously toiling for confidence themselves. So effectively I'm saying f**k knows.

19 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Can't say I'm overly confident for this one. On one hand a change of manager might lift the players as a malaise had clearly set in, but there's also the concern that the confidence isn't that easy to lift when on a run like we are. I think if we could get ourselves in front it'd be a big lift and Hibs are obviously toiling for confidence themselves. So effectively I'm saying f**k knows.

Maybe the players knowing that there's a point in training well, as they might have a chance of a game, will help lift things.

Our midfield will likely still be shite but then at least every single move won't have to involve Snodgrass this week