Ross County vs Aberdeen

Just now, kingjoey said:

I suffered what sounds like the same injury in football with my foot swinging about at the bottom of my leg, and that Shinnie challenge was not a red card.

Sorry to hear that.  

Terrible thing to happen.  

Oh wait, it’s the internet, I should have disbelieved you and then called you brain damaged. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Played 12 years in a Paisley Sunday 11s league where there were on average 5 court cases a season. 

Was out for a year after my fib and tib were snapped in two from a refckles table and the bottom half of my leg was swinging about as I fell to the ground. 

Out for a year and have to wear an insert in my left shoe because I lost 2cm length in that leg. 

Does that count as having played football?

Did you have a burd round your grans bit as well?

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Played 12 years in a Paisley Sunday 11s league where there were on average 5 court cases a season. 

Was out for a year after my fib and tib were snapped in two from a refckles table and the bottom half of my leg was swinging about as I fell to the ground. 

Out for a year and have to wear an insert in my left shoe because I lost 2cm length in that leg. 

Does that count as having played football?

Any table on an 11 a side pitch is pretty reckless tbf. 

Thought it was a game with lots of effort but no real quality. Aberdeen defended well and probably deserved to see it out. 

Good opportunistic strike from Duk but Laidlaw should be doing better IMO.

Expected Aberdeen to improve in an attacking sense after the goal but never really seemed interested in taking the game to County.

Will that be more than the usual suspension given it's Shinnie's 2nd of the season?

16 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

For those saying “where else could he put his foot” the reason he got the red card is precisely because - having gone in like that - the only place his studs could have gone was his opponents shin. 

It was a reckless challenge that endangered an opponent. Red card all day in 2023.  

What guff is this? Baldwin had zero chance of getting the ball. None. Zero. He lunged into that in an equally, if not more, dangerous way. Play on and stop being such VARsholes.

image.png.f3a5b4c3c893c95b1c9d734d0d5b9772.png

Edited by bpdon

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

That's your easiest on paper out the way and you got what was needed. As for your performance- anyone facing you in the top 6 will not be worried on that showing. 

Good, I hate people to be worried. You are of course correct, so as I said over to the five teams I mentioned and see if most of them can win tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Law 12

Sorry, there’s no reference in law 12 that states if you “put your studs into an opponent with any force above the boot it is a red card” so can you try again please?

2 minutes ago, Carrots and Peas said:

Any table on an 11 a side pitch is pretty reckless tbf. 

Thanks, have edited post.  

FWIW I agree that up until 4-5 years ago this would never have been a red, but even before VAR these follow throughs where you catch a player with your studs on their shin is almost always a red.  

It’s a bit like the hand ball rule.  

Loads of people disagreeing with decisions because they either don’t know, or disagree with, the rules.  

Do I think that merits a red? No.  

By the current rules of the game is it a red? Yes.

When they showed the angle VAR were seeing it was never going to be anything else, and that’s probably why it only took the ref about 10 seconds when he saw it to make the decision.  

Does the last two games against possible relegation candidates show  why Mr Robson is not the long term answer. Early goals against Lower teams and then we sit on our lead. Not good enough. Landed lucky with 2 great goalscorer . We need to play more on the front foot when we get ahead. Sorry to be un grateful as Barry has done a great job but this team should be more expansive.

Fair play to Aberdeen.

At this stage of the season performance count for hee haw, and they've racked up the points and can only be congratulated.

A good January window and a wise managerial change has done the job. Can't argue with it. I think they're inching towards home and dry.

Nobody else has put together a run of away wins like this, and I think that'll make the difference for them. Hats off.

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 minutes ago, bpdon said:

What guff is this? Baldwin had zero chance of getting the ball. None. Zero. He lunged into that in an equally, if not more, dangerous way. Play on and stop being such VARsholes.

image.png.f3a5b4c3c893c95b1c9d734d0d5b9772.png

Even the pundits were saying you shouldn’t make a decision based on a still. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Sorry to hear that.  

Terrible thing to happen.  

Oh wait, it’s the internet, I should have disbelieved you and then called you brain damaged. 

I have never in my life called anyone brain damaged, but each to their own. 

It’s not a red in a video of it either. How can you kick a ball then change the laws of physics and momentum to stop your boot connecting with a solid object right in front of you?