Ross County vs Aberdeen

11 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Some people absolutely desperate for football to be a non contact sport. 

The people that make the rules, maybe?

He won the ball, his follow through took him into the guys leg which was planted on the ground, above the ankle onto the shin, it wasn't even a glancing blow, he took the impact of the tackle on his leg. He endangered his opponent, going by the letter of the law it's a red card, whether we like it or not. 

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

The people that make the rules, maybe?

He won the ball, his follow through took him into the guys leg which was planted on the ground, above the ankle onto the shin, it wasn't even a glancing blow, he took the impact of the tackle on his leg. He endangered his opponent, going by the letter of the law it's a red card, whether we like it or not. 

😂

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

Mostly pretty comfortable?

If he can't replace Duk with similar then he'd be fucked.

Livi: comfortable 

United: comfortable in the end

Hearts: lying down on the couch with your feet up

St Johnstone: a bit scary at the end

Killie: comfortable

Ross County: never threatened Roos

If Duk or Miovski stay then it’s great. It either leave then we have a few million in our pocket with a recruitment team who can clearly identify a good striker.

Amazing that some fans are desperate to dig out the negatives given the circumstances.

37 minutes ago, Munoz said:

That's your easiest on paper out the way and you got what was needed. As for your performance- anyone facing you in the top 6 will not be worried on that showing. 

Wee bit salty

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Livi: comfortable 

United: comfortable in the end

Hearts: lying down on the couch with your feet up

St Johnstone: a bit scary at the end

Killie: comfortable

Ross County: never threatened Roos

If Duk or Miovski stay then it’s great. It either leave then we have a few million in our pocket with a recruitment team who can clearly identify a good striker.

Amazing that some fans are desperate to dig out the negatives given the circumstances.

Aye ok. You had Kennedy down as someone who should be starting games earlier on in the season. Happy to have a polar opposite opinion from yourself.

36 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Sorry, there’s no reference in law 12 that states if you “put your studs into an opponent with any force above the boot it is a red card” so can you try again please?

You need to infer it from the words in Law 12 and the guidance issued by UEFA/IFAB which quite frankly is a bit hard because neither of them actually put the guidance out for public consumption. So if you miss it when it comes out and there is a little bit of media on new interpretations it can pass you by.

But there was new guidance issued particularly with studs going into players above the boot line. And about the chance of winning the ball.

You can see this language being used in discussion of recent VAR decisions in england here

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-fa-cup/story/4864285/the-var-review-fabinho-ibrahima-konate-somehow-escape-red-cards-at-brighton

It is like when VAR changed the intrepretation of offside, they didn't update the laws of the game they just clarified what they thought particular words should mean and how referees should make future judgments.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

But there was new guidance issued particularly with studs going into players above the boot line. And about the chance of winning the ball.

So Shinnie had a 100% chance of winning the ball because he was there first. Do we need to go through a rugby type protocol where we look at mitigating factors, because there is no chance we do that.

Did he win the ball - Yes

Did he endanger the opponent - Possibly

Was there intent - No

Decision. Yellow. That's what would happen in rugby. 

35 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

True, but I don't think Hearts, Hibs, Livi, or St Mirren have the form in them to match this run at the moment.

Hearts will get 6 points before the split.

I think Aberdeen will lose next week, so only 2 points in it going in to the split.

You play us at Tynecastle.

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Hearts will get 6 points before the split.

I think Aberdeen will lose next week, so only 2 points in it going in to the split.

You play us at Tynecastle.

We could. But I think tomorrow will tell us a lot, if Naismith gets an immediate reaction I think it'll be very tight. If we don't get 3 points I think the issues with the squad will leave us too much to do.

Have to say very interesting watching us live. Without being all that exciting. We're absolutely obsessed with getting back into shape when we lose the ball. Absolutely rabid at it. Reminds me of the Steve Clarke Kilmarnock or the 2020 Scotland team. 

Clarkson is told to sit while Shinnie is allowed to roam. Duk works his bollocks off defensively while Miovski is the one up. McCrorie is an excellent RWB and Hayes is a good LWB. Scales is enough to give you a heart attack but Pollock is a Rolls Royce of a defender. I like Roos, solid.

Robson clearly doesn't trust the squad in terms of the boys on the bench to see out the 1-0, and he's right to do so, as those were the boys who let us down under Goodwin. That was a proper McInnes style see out a 1-0, but we did it well.

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Are we not going to talk about having a goal wrongly disallowed by VAR for offside?

Looked very tight. I thought he was maybe just off but that's a few times at County the lines have looked incredibly dodgy and difficult to tell.

3 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

So Shinnie had a 100% chance of winning the ball because he was there first. Do we need to go through a rugby type protocol where we look at mitigating factors, because there is no chance we do that.

Did he win the ball - Yes

Did he endanger the opponent - Possibly

Was there intent - No

Decision. Yellow. That's what would happen in rugby. 

there is no mitigation for winning the ball. Winning the ball was mentioned in the laws at one point but got removed sometime in the last decade or so.

The part about winning the ball is that I remembered when the rules (interpretation of the laws of the game) were being tightened on what constitutes endangering an opponent tackles where studs make contact above the boot and forceful tackles where the opponent has no hope of winning the ball were brought in at the same time. I want to say this was done just before Qatar but it might have been a bit earlier.

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Have to say very interesting watching us live. Without being all that exciting. We're absolutely obsessed with getting back into shape when we lose the ball. Absolutely rabid at it. Reminds me of the Steve Clarke Kilmarnock or the 2020 Scotland team. 

Clarkson is told to sit while Shinnie is allowed to roam. Duk works his bollocks off defensively while Miovski is the one up. McCrorie is an excellent RWB and Hayes is a good LWB. Scales is enough to give you a heart attack but Pollock is a Rolls Royce of a defender. I like Roos, solid.

Robson clearly doesn't trust the squad in terms of the boys on the bench to see out the 1-0, and he's right to do so, as those were the boys who let us down under Goodwin. That was a proper McInnes style see out a 1-0, but we did it well.

Must say, Duk impressed me massively off the ball tonight. Was all over the place.

7 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Are we not going to talk about having a goal wrongly disallowed by VAR for offside?

Hard to tell when Sky put the picture on the screen for two seconds.

The brief look I had I thought it was on and the county defender's trailing foot was playing the Aberdeen player onside.