The Bairns Vs The Wee Guys

I will bite why not. 

Airdrie fans let’s just face it people we are just a wee team clutching onto Falkirk just to stay relevant. Desperate for a rivalry with such a big club who are so relevant to Scottish football. A team who since coming down have won the same number of trophies as us, the same number of promotions back up as us, finished above us in the league the same number of times we have them (including this season) which could again potentially amount to sweet f**k all if one or two of us bottle the playoffs. A team who could not beat us this season at home despite taking lead on both occasions. A team who we picked up 5 points against (the same as they have against us). A team who we have outscored this season.

Most of our fans realised a while ago we are pretty irrelevant and need to stop living on past glory. Look I get it. From a cup final and play off defeats to go into the premier league in the last 10 years to plying your trade in this league (unsuccessfully) is bound to be crushing. When are you going to realise a good crowd entitles you to nothing? You are every bit as irrelevant in Scottish football right now as we are. 

David v Goliath in the play offs potentially with the Giants of Falkirk versus wee diddy Airdrie. Will fancy our chances again quite confidently. If we don’t go up again I have no doubt it’s because we weren’t good enough on the occasion rather than just being helpless again this mighty Falkirk juggernaut. 

We didn’t lose a game away against the first 2 in the league. I can safely say only 1 of those teams felt truly like a big game against a side who were better than this league. That side are rightly going up as champions. 

Enjoy your Sunday folks

20 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Section Bealin

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 8.20.39.jpg

Similar to the nobody at Clyde (forgotten his name) who after scoring 10 minutes into the game tried to manufacture some grievance by running over to our support and doing a similar gesture. Really bizarre behaviour. All for players giving it back to the fans if they've been given some stick, but seeking out fans who couldn't care less about you is some serious small man syndrome.

7 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Airdrie seem desperate to latch to us for some sort of rivalry, suppose that’s what happens when you’re completely irrelevant.

Remember in every secondary school there was a guy who thought he was dead cool and popular but he was actually a knob who no one actually liked and folk would wind him up because he was hyper sensitive and no matter what you said to him you'd always, ALWAYS get a reaction that you could then slag him even more for as it was toe curdling stuff 99% of the time?

That's Falkirk fans on PnB

Watched both clubs highlights package and was not astonished in the slightest at the usual one sided commentary from Falkirk TV guy. 

For a team who apparently dominated the game with the exception of a 5 or 10 minute spell there was a distinct lack of highlights, 5 minutes as opposed to the 9 minutes of the recent Montrose match. Compare with the 2nd half highlights of the respective clubs and it's night and day when you look at Falkirk TV highlighting one Falkirk move which resulted in their goal.

I'm sure in the fullness of time this plucky Falkirk side will be remembered for the way in which they so dominated an Airdrie team and managed to snatch a point.

Airdrie highlights package for the Falkirk fans who may wish to see a bit more than that offered by their own team. 

Didnt make it to the game yesterday but watched the highlights back just now. Awful, awful defending for the two Airdrie goals, the second in particular is ridiculous. Lots of reasons can be given for why we havent won the league but conceding such basic goals is right at the top of the list. Three free hit games now to get that sorted out in time for the play offs.  

Can’t understand why everyone is so surprised by the Falkirk TV commentary. The guy has been at it for the last three seasons. I think he/an associate was even on twitter saying all the abuse validates their commentary. Although I did think they had chucked it after the Falkirk Q&A debacle. 

1 hour ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Can’t understand why everyone is so surprised by the Falkirk TV commentary. The guy has been at it for the last three seasons. I think he/an associate was even on twitter saying all the abuse validates their commentary. Although I did think they had chucked it after the Falkirk Q&A debacle. 

Who was surprised?  Not me that's for sure, in fact I "was not astonished in the slightest".

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Steak haggis and peppercorn sauce for me. Outstanding.

Nearly had a second at half time and was swithering between the haggis one and the donner meat one! BTW, not dissing Christie's pies at all, they're good pies just heated up badly.

Think both clubs could go into the playoffs thinking they can win through. We had most of the ball in the first half and were the better side, Airdrie the better in the second and look really dangerous going forward. Don’t think either side will fear the other but there will be mutual respect as we are both quite closely matched.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

14 hours ago, CHEMOMAN said:

Nearly had a second at half time and was swithering between the haggis one and the donner meat one! BTW, not dissing Christie's pies at all, they're good pies just heated up badly.

The  donner pies are excellent, try one at the playoffs.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think both clubs could go into the playoffs thinking they can win through. We had most of the ball in the first half and were the better side, Airdrie the better in the second and look really dangerous going forward. Don’t think either side will fear the other but there will be mutual respect as we are both quite closely matched.

Hopefully we avoid each other in the play offs as I can't endure having my eyes assaulted on Airdrie vs Falkirk match threads on here.

Definitely didn't get the fast, erratic start to the game I'd predicted, anyway! Much cagier than I think anyone expected in the opening exchanges. 

First half played at a very surprisingly slow tempo and Falkirk deserved their half-time lead; we just seemed that bit slower to get going than usual and never really did for the whole half. In saying that, a poor breakaway goal to lose even accounting for being off it in the first 45. 

Looked much more like ourselves second half and really ought to have built on our lead before losing the sloppy equaliser. Good to keep the unbeaten run going, both in the league itself and in our visits to falkirk stadium. Looks like we'll be heading back in the playoffs at some point so, be really nice if we can keep that record intact (providing we do the business at our bit). 

Delighted for Gal to get to 20 league goals. He was due to score, let's face it.