The Bairns Vs The Wee Guys

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

That comparison of the last five fixtures for Airdrie and Falkirk covered games against 3 of the exact same teams, during which Falkirk managed two goals, conceding one. Airdrie beat the same teams, conceding twice, but scoring... fourteen. It's a pretty reasonable comparison to make, when it's 3 games against the same teams. 

If we had shat out a 0-0 with Clyde and a 0-0 with Kelty a week after they had been ridden rotten 5-1 and 6-1, I'd be less quick to dismiss that, myself. 

A narrow win on Tuesday should have Falkirk in a better place going into the match on Saturday, though, and they have a very strong home record this season. Far less fragility.

Playoffs secured and miles off a title push, too, so that combined with finally getting back to winning ways will have eased a good bit of pressure. 

Plus there's the fact we slapped yous silly in the last game. 

Would have also been a comfortable win at TFS last time out but for the howler of a decision by the ref for the last man push on Alegria.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would have also been a comfortable win at TFS last time out but for the howler of a decision by the ref for the last man push on Alegria.

Tell us more about how refs negative decisions affect Falkirk games, I've never, ever heard one of your fans mention it before...

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Tell us more about how refs negative decisions affect Falkirk games, I've never, ever heard one of your fans mention it before...

You're preaching to the choir there bud, I too wish we didn't have to mention a howler by the ref every week but that's the standard we're dealing with at this level.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You're preaching to the choir there bud, I too wish we didn't have to mention a howler by the ref every week but that's the standard we're dealing with at this level.

You should write a strongly worded statement to the powers that be. They've become well versed recently in receiving complaints about referee bias against clubs who are a shadow of their former selves.

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

You should write a strongly worded statement to the powers that be. They've become well versed recently in receiving complaints about referee bias against clubs who are a shadow of their former selves.

It's not bias it's just incompetence.

20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Ahh, Alegria. Thanks for that, brought to mind him decking it under no pressure in the 4-0 skudding earlier in the season. Chuckle. What a diddy.

1 minute ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Football fan begrudged due to poor decisions costing them points in big games, imagine my shock.

Falkirk fan considering random League 1 game in December a "big game", imagine my shock. Were they also "big games" when those dastardly refs cost you points the other dozen or so times this season when you lot went all frothy mouthed about decisions?

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I would say you didn't win that game mainly down to poor finishing, especially when our keeper dived the opposite direction giving Gary Oliver an open goal to shoot from. We did have as many chances to win as you did that day too despite us being poor. If you only managed to score one goal into Dean Lyness in over 90 minutes you didn't deserve 3 points.

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Bet you slagged Rangers off there through proper gritted teeth eh? No be repeating that one at the lodge

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bet you slagged Rangers off there through proper gritted teeth eh? No be repeating that one at the lodge

Ano, witma like?

Don't worry, I'll just polish my brown brogues in front of my shrine to Ally McCoist later and all will be forgiven.

2 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Ahh, Alegria. Thanks for that, brought to mind him decking it under no pressure in the 4-0 skudding earlier in the season. Chuckle. What a diddy.

We all came to the same conclusion at the time. Turned out not to be the case. I think if we still had him we would have a few more points on the board.

27 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We all came to the same conclusion at the time. Turned out not to be the case. I think if we still had him we would have a few more points on the board.

Happens, I suppose. Adam Frizzell made ATS look a right clown last season in a game between the two sides, but the Antigua and Barbuda hall-of-famer has actually been really solid for us this season when he has played and has turned out to be a very good signing. 

Edited by AndyDD
Me being a fandan