The Bairns Vs The Wee Guys

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Looking at the last 5 for both:

Airdrie - Scored 22, conceded 2 and won 5.

Falkirk- Scored 4, conceded 4, lost 1, drew 3 and won 1.

Airdrie have played the bottom two, two nowhere land teams and Alloa in that five match run, previous 4 games it was one point. 

We so much needed Oliver being taken away from the lone striker for weeks, we have improved since that has happened.. I expect us to return to Oliver lone striker for the Scottish cup semi tho.

I expect Henderson to win the midfield on Saturday and the worst we will come away with is a draw.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Airdrie have played the bottom two, two nowhere land teams and Alloa in that five match run, previous 4 games it was one point. 

We so much needed Oliver being taken away from the lone striker for weeks, we have improved since that has happened.. I expect us to return to Oliver lone striker for the Scottish cup semi tho.

I expect Henderson to win the midfield on Saturday and the worst we will come away with is a draw.

That wouldn’t include a 0-0 draw which Falkirk hammered out against Clyde would it? 

Can only beat what’s in front of you. 

Going for a two each draw. Both teams capable of scoring goals but equally likely to concede. A win would practically guarantee second for us but we don't do things the easy way. A win for Airdrie and it's still all to play for regarding second place. A lot will depend on how McGlynn sets us up. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one up top again. 

16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Going for a two each draw. Both teams capable of scoring goals but equally likely to concede. A win would practically guarantee second for us but we don't do things the easy way. A win for Airdrie and it's still all to play for regarding second place. A lot will depend on how McGlynn sets us up. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one up top again. 

I agree. I think we will see a flurry of chances and attacking football in the first half before both managers begin to get cagey and settle for what they have.

37 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

That wouldn’t include a 0-0 draw which Falkirk hammered out against Clyde would it? 

Can only beat what’s in front of you. 

Airdrie have hit a purple patch where we have needed to change it away from our norm formation.

If Airdrie hit the same heights of beating top end teams in the next four then brag away, but pumping the bottom two and two nowhere teams isnt worth the postcard nevermind the stamp.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Airdrie have hit a purple patch where we have needed to change it away from our norm formation.

If Airdrie hit the same heights of beating top end teams in the next four then brag away, but pumping the bottom two and two nowhere teams isnt worth the postcard nevermind the stamp.

Rich. 

Narrowly beating Montrose 1-2 to your first win in 5 and now this Falkirk side are full of confidence. 

A great achievement getting into the semis but I anticipate that this could all come crashing down for FFC.

Edited by Diamond1924

48 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Rich. 

Narrowly beating Montrose 1-2 to your first win in 5 and now this Falkirk side are full of confidence. 

A great achievement getting into the semis but I anticipate that this could all come crashing down for FFC.

Narrowly perhaps by scoreline but the game could've been over at half time. The performances in last two games and stats show it's night and day from previous games with a formation that had gone stale. We had numerous chances to score against Dunfermline and Montrose with new formation compared to previous clinging on to one or two opportunities. 

Its all about taking the chances, obviously Airdrie have in their last 5 games against the bottom end but it's the business end now.

As for crashing down, that's Airdrie's job....we had numerous saying farewell before a ball was kicked going into the queens park play offs 

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

Narrowly perhaps by scoreline but the game could've been over at half time. The performances in last two games and stats show it's night and day from previous games with a formation that had gone stale. We had numerous chances to score against Dunfermline and Montrose with new formation compared to previous clinging on to one or two opportunities. 

Its all about taking the chances, obviously Airdrie have in their last 5 games against the bottom end but it's the business end now.

As for crashing down, that's Airdrie's job....we had numerous saying farewell before a ball was kicked going into the queens park play offs 

I was at the game on Tuesday. It’s hard to say whether falkirk looked better in the first half because montrose were absolutely terrible. 

45 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I was at the game on Tuesday. It’s hard to say whether falkirk looked better in the first half because montrose were absolutely terrible. 

Its not hard to say. We were night and day from the recent outings v Kelty and Clyde. Other teams tend to look worse the better your team plays. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It’s not hard to say. We were night and day from the recent outings v Kelty and Clyde. Other teams tend to look worse the better your team plays. 

Fair enough you were better than recent outings but montrose hardly put up a fight so I wouldn’t be getting too excited. As I said previously, you were shite in the second half but hard to tell how much of that was due to the wind being horrific. 

will certainly be a good game on Saturday. The two loan players for you looked good in the first half but, again, they were up against Paul Watson who is absolutely done at this level. 

20 hours ago, MrDust said:

That comparison of the last five fixtures for Airdrie and Falkirk covered games against 3 of the exact same teams, during which Falkirk managed two goals, conceding one. Airdrie beat the same teams, conceding twice, but scoring... fourteen. It's a pretty reasonable comparison to make, when it's 3 games against the same teams. 

If we had shat out a 0-0 with Clyde and a 0-0 with Kelty a week after they had been ridden rotten 5-1 and 6-1, I'd be less quick to dismiss that, myself. 

A narrow win on Tuesday should have Falkirk in a better place going into the match on Saturday, though, and they have a very strong home record this season. Far less fragility.

Playoffs secured and miles off a title push, too, so that combined with finally getting back to winning ways will have eased a good bit of pressure.