Ayr v QP

Combination of Akinyemi’s Dennis Norden Laughter File antics and Charlie Albinson’s Lev Yashin antics made it a fair result.

All I wanted was signs of life against a team of roughly the same standard. The intensity was there, even if the quality was lacking.

If Dundee go to Inverness and win, under the gun, at this stage of the season, you’d simply have to say “fair play.” If they don’t, we’ll go to Cappielow and see what happens.

Ayr came out the traps flying and QP were a mess at the back. Ayr converted zip and created very little clear cut chances. Second half, QP started to pass round us and we resorted to blasting long balls over the midfield, putting ourselves back under pressure. When we did play the ball on the deck we didn't look like scoring. 

Albinson made two fantastic saves, we didn't really work the QP keeper at all. 

Better performance for us, played some decent football in spells but final balls cost us a victory again.  

3 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Dreadful game of football from two very poor teams.

Loving the chants from the ten QP fans, ‘…………army’….what a joke.

You are a Kilmarnock fan who is desperately trying to distance themself from McLean

Queens Park are absolutely minging, they played miles better in the (freak) 5-0 defeat earlier in the season.  They got the point they were looking for at one of the easiest grounds to get points from in the league.  

Dipo earned the right to be as greedy as he was tonight but it definitely cost us.  

Questions:

I'd rather drink bleach than watch the "highlights" of that match again but I felt there was two penalty shouts close together in the first half? (Obviously we would never get them tonight if there was the remotest bit of doubt) one of them was a push on Ashford which we won a corner from.  

Did Lee Bully Bullen say it was another vital point? 

Is Dempsey injured or was a straight swap for centre mids in the final minute (rather than one of the two strikers on the bench) the kind of tactical masterstroke that you could only know if you had been at the lofty heights of youth coach at Sheffield Wednesday?

Every game I watch we are just mediocre. It’s so fuckin tiring. You go into a game with some expectation and a bit of excitement. you convince yourself that the league table can’t lie. We must be alright….Then you watch utter dirge unfold. I felt we looked the better side in the first half. But in hindsight we were just better in that particular first half than we have been in most games. Which is utter mince. Against even more mince teams. Even the start of the season where we breezed past teams, we were still cack. 

Post match interview -  I can write it now.  Bullen comes out with the sigh, lip smack, look off into the middle distance, half shake of the head, then looks down,  and then “ the lads are disappointed. A few good chances. And some really good defensive play. But in this league another vital point. Some really good battles out there…blah blah pish pish blah blah”. Always the emphasis on really. Reaaallly. Wrap it. 

He’s a no mark. Get him chased. 

I honestly think that if I did a few weeks of 7 a side at the shoot and the odd game in the White City cage I’d be more or less capable of positively impacting a game.  

maybe tomorrow when I sober up illbe a bit I’ll be less irritated. But frig me, this is a poor poor ayr team. 

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You're not allowed back! Clearly the jinx for shit games! 

Dreadful game and again I kept clock watching got it all to be over. Two really poor teams. Queens Park have no chance of going up, especially if they have to play the 11th place prem team. See you next season spiders

If you can't beat the teams around you, you don't deserve to go up. I said that last season and look what happened!

QP definitely misfiring at the front but never write us off. Just ask Dunfermline and Airdrie...

Edited by Stuntiethumper

1 minute ago, Stuntiethumper said:

QP definitelt misfiring at the front but never write us off. Just ask Dunfermline and Airdrie...

Yep...If the Dees fail to pick up points today then you'll be right back in the hunt - at least until next weekend.  

The boy Henderson! Can we check the clauses and see if we can trade for Shankland for a few weeks?

A decent effort and a clean sheet is always welcome but one goal in five games isn't going to cut it. Ayr keeper did make a couple of cracking saves, especially the fingertip one from Shields, but it's in the hands of others now.  

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The boy Henderson! Can we check the clauses and see if we can trade for Shankland for a few weeks?

A decent effort and a clean sheet is always welcome but one goal in five games isn't going to cut it. Ayr keeper did make a couple of cracking saves, especially the fingertip one from Shields, but it's in the hands of others now.  

The loan signings of Kenny and then Henderson have been a disaster despite looking exciting on paper.

I can barely even remember a shot on goal from either of them other than Henderson’s pathetic attempt of the post against Cove when clean through. 

There was a spell last night where Henderson kicked it straight out the park three times in a row.

Edited by Spider Rico

13 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Queens Park are absolutely minging, they played miles better in the (freak) 5-0 defeat earlier in the season.  They got the point they were looking for at one of the easiest grounds to get points from in the league.  

There is absolutely no chance we were playing for a point, we're just not particularly good at all right now.

I think last night was actually an improvement on what we've seen recently, and under any other circumstances you might've taken some positives from that, but in the context of what we were still technically in the hunt for the only good outcome was a win.

Agree with the comments about Henderson. I think his spell with us so far can be summed up by the moment where he took a heavy touch, the ball landed about 3 feet from him, and he couldn't be arsed chasing it.