Doonhamers vs. Gable Endies

2 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

Was surprised the game went ahead with the coaching staff being there etc. 

Led to believe they asked for it to be postponed but would have to pay a hefty fee to get it done so never bothered.

43 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Led to believe they asked for it to be postponed but would have to pay a hefty fee to get it done so never bothered.

Queens offered to cancel the game. I have never heard of any club having to pay a fee to have a game postponed 

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Queens offered to cancel the game. I have never heard of any club having to pay a fee to have a game postponed 

Yeah both teams had agreed but the SFL put a stop to it....Just what I've been told.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's no financial fee to call a game off. That's just not true.

Montrose would have got fined for not playing the fixture just what I was told.

38 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Montrose would have got fined for not playing the fixture just what I was told.

If you meant postponing it (rather than just not playing it at all) then, subject to both teams agreeing and it being rearranged for tomorrow preferably, or next Tuesday worse case, I'm pretty sure there would be no ramifications from the league.

It would still have meant coming to Dumfries on a Tuesday night though so presumably going on Saturday was the lesser evil.

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If you meant postponing it (rather than just not playing it at all) then, subject to both teams agreeing and it being rearranged for tomorrow preferably, or next Tuesday worse case, I'm pretty sure there would be no ramifications from the league.

It would still have meant coming to Dumfries on a Tuesday night though so presumably going on Saturday was the lesser evil.

Like a said both teams had agreed but it's down to SFL to make the decision and they must have came back with yeah you can do it but you will have to pay X amount to get it called off.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It did indeed. I'm not sure what your issue is here?🤔

No issue here,am just telling you what I've been told and you disagree...It's that simple🤔

Just now, queenslad said:

Wasn't sure at the time but ref got first red card correct

I was sure at the time but its actually even more of a red card than I thought at the time. He does actually reach out and shove McAllister. Red all day. And anyone who thinks that isnt a clear goalscoring opportunity has little idea what one is. 

1 hour ago, queenslad said:

Wasn't sure at the time but ref got first red card correct

Aye a big slice of humble pie for me tbh. All the major decisions were absolutely spot on from the (slated) officials. I knew it was a stonewall penalty but my recollection was the other defenders were further back and the angle was far tighter. Neither was the case, it's a clear red. Surely if Brydon had slid to make an attempt to tackle he'd have avoided the red? The second I wondered if it wasn't a FK purely down to McKechnie's complaints but it's a clear FK. And for the 3rd I was adamant it hit McAllister's arm and it doesn't look like it did. I've watched it back several times and in my defence it looks like the ball hits him twice before dropping and they way he pulls his arm up made me think the second contact was his arm. It really doesn't look like it was though. Fair play to the officials. 

Who'd be one! 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye a big slice of humble pie for me tbh. All the major decisions were absolutely spot on from the (slated) officials. I knew it was a stonewall penalty but my recollection was the other defenders were further back and the angle was far tighter. Neither was the case, it's a clear red. Surely if Brydon had slid to make an attempt to tackle he'd have avoided the red? The second I wondered if it wasn't a FK purely down to McKechnie's complaints but it's a clear FK. And for the 3rd I was adamant it hit McAllister's arm and it doesn't look like it did. I've watched it back several times and in my defence it looks like the ball hits him twice before dropping and they way he pulls his arm up made me think the second contact was his arm. It really doesn't look like it was though. Fair play to the officials. 

Who'd be one! 

I've also been told by several people that he wasnt initially going to give red and was talked into it by Montrose players. Wasnt my impression at the time and the footage shows him groping in his top pocket for the red immediately, before anyone even speaks to him. The delay in showing it is because he initially goes to the wrong pocket and because Brydon walked as far away as he could manage while he was looking for it.

Its an absolutely clear red and was always going to be. The referee got every important decision spot on.