Doonhamers vs. Gable Endies

Well, a goal down and only 9 men on the park ... if we didn't know it before, that's us definitely off to the beach now.

On the plus side, this must be making Marvin's squad building decisions a bit easier.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

On the plus side, this must be making Marvin's squad building decisions a bit easier.

Yes, just what I was thinking a wee while ago. It was good to see a bit of an upturn in performances recently but I didn't want them to result in MB thinking that it would be worth re-signing quite a few of this shower.

23 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Yes, just what I was thinking a wee while ago. It was good to see a bit of an upturn in performances recently but I didn't want them to result in MB thinking that it would be worth re-signing quite a few of this shower.

My thoughts exactly - I have said repeatedly that performances have been no better under MB than WG. We scrambled a few wins but the football has been dire. Hope his recruitment strategy is good because the thought of watching any of this lot next season fills me with dread and foreboding.

Just now, Rjc-1988 said:

My thoughts exactly - I have said repeatedly that performances have been no better under MB than WG. We scrambled a few wins but the football has been dire. Hope his recruitment strategy is good because the thought of watching any of this lot next season fills me with dread and foreboding.

I'd rather play shite and win than play shite and lose. Absolutely laughable anyone is still maintaining MB hasn't made a difference. 

Sending off changed the game today. We were passing the ball around well and creating chances before it and were deservedly ahead. Had a feeling it was going to be a hiding for Montrose tbh. Brain fart from Brydon with both the pass and the needless push. Don't give him a decision to make. 

It was a hard task with 10 then Hendrie's stupidity made it impossible. Even with 9 men we contained Montrose pretty well tbh. I only counted one save from Kev in the second half. Fair play to MB* actually throwing everything at it rather than shutting up shop as well. Bodes well for next season (though folk were crying last week when he attempted to go for it rather than park the bus, so I expect he'll be criticised for it today again) and what I like to see. 

Can't fault the effort of the players tbh. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Bad enough we make a rod for our own backs without the officials chipping in. Holy f**k. 

Clear as day penalty. Slack pass from Brydon (yet someone near me still blamed Kev ffs). 

I actually thought he should have come for it to be honest.  I think he'd have got there first. He started to, then changed his mind and backed off.  

The rest is farcical history.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I actually thought he should have come for it to be honest.  I think he'd have got there first. He started to, then changed his mind and backed off.  

The rest is farcical history.

Brydon was closer. No danger the goalkeeper should be coming there. It was an awful pass from Brydon and the blame lies firmly with him for me. 

Edited by 19QOS19

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Brydon was closer. No danger the goalkeeper should be coming there. It was an awful pass from Brydon and the blame lies firmly with him for me. 

Sounds like at least one of us needs to see this incident again.

I'm not sure if we will.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Brydon was closer. No danger the goalkeeper should be coming there. It was an awful pass from Brydon and the blame lays firmly with him for me. 

Terrible back pass but when you realise you can't get to it let him miss / score don't let a clown like Steven make a decision 

On that a booking and the pen was the right decision. 

After that we should have changed it got another defender on we got overun in midfield .

2nd half we did change it but the damage had been done .

Hendrie just lost his head made it easy for the clown to send him off .

It was a bad tackle on him before it but he has the experience not to fly into the next challenge .

Think we might need a new dressing room door as well  let's just say he tried to walk through it .

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd rather play shite and win than play shite and lose. Absolutely laughable anyone is still maintaining MB hasn't made a difference. 

Sending off changed the game today. We were passing the ball around well and creating chances before it and were deservedly ahead. Had a feeling it was going to be a hiding for Montrose tbh. Brain fart from Brydon with both the pass and the needless push. Don't give him a decision to make. 

It was a hard task with 10 then Hendrie's stupidity made it impossible. Even with 9 men we contained Montrose pretty well tbh. I only counted one save from Kev in the second half. Fair play to MB* actually throwing everything at it rather than shutting up shop as well. Bodes well for next season (though folk were crying last week when he attempted to go for it rather than park the bus, so I expect he'll be criticised for it today again) and what I like to see. 

Can't fault the effort of the players tbh. 

You may well think it’s laughable - that’s your prerogative.We all hope that the club has unearthed a high potential young Manager who can arrest the massive slump that the Club is in.

I call it as I see it - performances, style of play, formations, tactics are very similar to those of WG. I see no discernible improvement in our play. MB himself said in a previous interview that he looks at the performances first and the results second. The fact is that if you keep playing poorly the luck runs out. 

Plenty of time for plaudits if they are justified.

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

You may well think it’s laughable - that’s your prerogative.We all hope that the club has unearthed a high potential young Manager who can arrest the massive slump that the Club is in.

I call it as I see it - performances, style of play, formations, tactics are very similar to those of WG. I see no discernible improvement in our play. MB himself said in a previous interview that he looks at the performances first and the results second. The fact is that if you keep playing poorly the luck runs out. 

Plenty of time for plaudits if they are justified.

I didn't see you dishing out many plaudits after MB led us on our best run of results in 7 years tbh. Combine that with the fact you were forever defending AJ after he continued to dish up utter shite when in charge, I just find it bizarre you're so tight on MB at this early stage. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I didn't see you dishing out many plaudits after MB led us on our best run of results in 7 years tbh. Combine that with the fact you were forever defending AJ after he continued to dish up utter shite when in charge, I just find it bizarre you're so tight on MB at this early stage. 

MB job starts in the summer with his squad only then can anyone judge him.

He has a massive job trying to get a squad good enough to challege for the playoffs