Falkirk v Edinburgh Flux

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Was that the "can you count?" interview down at Starks? McGlynn comes across as one of these managers who would ditch these post match interviews if he could. 

As touched on,  pre-January last year he was pretty much guaranteed statue territory given he'd pulled us out the mire twice.  I thought he'd have offered a lot more resistance but the Pars have been ruthlessly efficient this season. Much like our second season in league 1 last time around it feels very much like Falkirk are the last resort of full time players. When you're giving long term contracts to the likes of McGuffie you're pretty much up against it. 

The second goal Falkirk conceded last night was laughably bad. It wouldn't surprise me if McGlynn is feeling the pressure. He'll have lost a lot of confidence with the "nobody died" remark and its showing.

You know, it's been 18 months and I still struggle to believe he fucked that legend status up so badly...

In a lot of ways he seemed like a good appointment for Falkirk last summer. However, some of the noises coming out of Starks just now about the financial governance, signings and contracts dished out by him during the last 12 to 18 months of his tenure are quite startling. The Falkirk board better have him on a tight leash.

4 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

You know, it's been 18 months and I still struggle to believe he fucked that legend status up so badly...

In a lot of ways he seemed like a good appointment for Falkirk last summer. However, some of the noises coming out of Starks just now about the financial governance, signings and contracts dished out by him during the last 12 to 18 months of his tenure are quite startling. The Falkirk board better have him on a tight leash.

He's already gave a new two year deal to Nesbitt who personally I would have chased at the end of the season improved performances or not. I just hope he's not got another few contracts waiting to be signed by the likes of McGuffie...

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

He's already gave a new two year deal to Nesbitt who personally I would have chased at the end of the season improved performances or not. I just hope he's not got another few contracts waiting to be signed by the likes of McGuffie...

That would be job suicide. No chance he's even in McGlynn's head for a contract

1 minute ago, SouthStander1876 said:

That would be job suicide. No chance he's even in McGlynn's head for a contract

We keep playing like we are lose the semi and get knocked out the playoffs he might not get the chance to offer him a contract. 

Agree with the comments on Nesbitt’s contract. It’s a decision that the more I’ve thought about it, the more concerned I am. As I said on our main thread, I’d maybe have given him an extra year on the premise he’d be a squad player, but concerningly, I think McGlynn sees him as an integral part of his side. He’s not a bad player, but for the level we should be *aspiring* to be at, he’s not good enough. 

On 19/04/2023 at 07:08, Just a bairn said:

Probably the most concerning result and performance of the season. Edinburgh played well and we wouldn’t have deserved to take anything, so fair play to them.

Honestly not sure if we have what it takes to recover from this. All the momentum is against us now. We’ve had a good season overall but unfortunately we’ve basically checked out of the league since east end park.

Is it because we’re in training mode until the playoffs? That’s probably what I’m going to tell myself and hope that it’s true. I’ve quite liked McGlynn overall and I think the calls for him to get chucked on social media are a bit OTT, but there’s no doubt he’s been shown up tactically. We need to change our approach and quickly. 

I would have thought being one game away from a Scottish Cup Final was more of a distraction. If you’re a player you don’t want to get injured before that one.

4 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

You'd also hope they'd be trying to cement their place in the starting lineup

Barring injury or suspension I think that the starting line up for the semi has already been decided. I think he'll go with:

Kinnear

Rowe, Donaldson, McKay, McCann

McGinn, Henderson

Morrison, Nesbitt, Kennedy

Oliver

I think the only possible changes would be PJ for Kinnear and Max for Nesbitt.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Barring injury or suspension I think that the starting line up for the semi has already been decided. I think he'll go with:

Kinnear

McGinn, Henderson

Oliver

See, that’s a perfectly good formation for that type of game. Not for the bulk of L2 though.

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Kinnear

McGinn, Henderson

Oliver

I would be very surprised if max didn’t start 

31 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I would be very surprised if max didn’t start 

For who though? McGlynn would either have to abandon the two wingers formation or not play Nesbitt. Nesbitt brings a lot of energy to the team (I don't think anyone would disagree with that?) and I think McGlynn likes that. I don't see him dropping McGinn or Henderson for this either.

Edit to add that I would absolutely expect Max to come on at some point.

Edited by ShaggerG

14 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Kinnear

McGinn, Henderson

Oliver

Got a feeling he might go for Matty Wright