Falkirk v Edinburgh Flux

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

Maybe not sack him but get him to read page 2 of his Big Book Of Fitba Coaching.

He's obviously resting players tonight but unfortunately as we've seen for a while now guys like Williamson and mcguffie just aren't good enough and should never be near starting games.  Hopefully this emphasises that. 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

He's obviously resting players tonight but unfortunately as we've seen for a while now guys like Williamson and mcguffie just aren't good enough and should never be near starting games.  Hopefully this emphasises that. 

It’s not the players though it’s his tactics 

I have never been a fan boy, but nor have I been overly critical of him. That first defeat to Kelty was for me, the first sign of why McGlynn manages where he does.

The last half dozen games have done it for me. He has started to show his true limitations. Sorry, but he is fast tracking himself down the road to being our latest managerial flop……and it’s 100% his own fault.

We simply cannot continually come out with excuses why it has been difficult for him. He has brought in 17 players, so that is seen as difficult for him. If he had been budget constrained and could only have brought in 7, then that would have been difficult for him.

The BoD have backed him to the hilt, and he is failing badly.

Resting players is ludicrous. This was the game to nail second. Win this, and rest players against Alloa. He has screwed this up completely, and has sold Burrell down the river in the process.

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

This sack the manager every two mins will get us nowhere. I'm as frustrated as anyone by some of the decisions and performances just now but there's absolutely no way we should be sacking mcglynn .  The players have been way short since the Dunfermline game and need to up their game. We should still have had more than enough in that starting 11 to beat Edinburgh.

I wouldn't get rid. But he absolutely has to get it right this summer / next season

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Surely we can’t lose to a team that’s playing Kyle Jacobs and James Craigen in the back four 

Careful what you wish for. 

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We could have lost 15-0 tonight and you’d still have found an excuse for McGlynn mate. It’s not been good enough for weeks now.

6 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Maybe not sack him but get him to read page 2 of his Big Book Of Fitba Coaching.

I do wonder how much his time at Celtic changed him. 

When he was at Raith originally he was renowned for hard working sides, he didn't really like wingers and he'd had have two grafters upfront chasing the ball into the channels (Had his best success with Tade and Baird?). 

He has a couple of less than stellar managerial appointments before becoming a scout with Celtic. 

After a few years with them he comes back as a manager who loves a 4231, plays with wingers and he's all about that possession. And he's pretty good at it, he starts the season off well, however teams then work him out and he's got absolutely no plan B, no alternative. I get that learning under Brendan Rodgers would've been enlightening but it seems he only has one way to play now. 

From a players perspective it must be mentally taxing after a while, you start to realise there's only one game plan and you're going to play that way every week through a whole season. 

I'll make no secret that I don't like John McGlynn as a person, however I think he might be quite overrated as a manager. If you kept the squads and swapped the managers I'm certain McPake would've gotten Falkirk promoted. 

And while typing this Edinburgh win, thank f**k were not going through the rigmarole of the playoffs. 

On 16/04/2023 at 17:22, Duncan Freemason said:

Not winning on Saturday means he really can’t take his foot off the gas, and we need to go again. Edinburgh and Peterhead are the only two sides that we have completely dominated this season, so we need to do it one more time.

5a3071fcb1526_efecig.png.4623aab61af0f7be0e9c950f7cb25a05.png.4926386a451e03132b6430417307eb2f.png.af6f023ba061bd735019e0c0bc373194.png

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We won 11 out of 12 games before the pars defeat playing the tactics we're all now criticising. The players need to start performing again whatever the tactics

Has it maybe occurred to you that other teams watch us and figure out our tactics, and thus a change in tactics is required?