Aberdeen vs Rangers

I don't think we should be writing off any match off as there is no guarantees the Gruesomes will be beating the rest after the split with the league already sewn up.

We should fancy our chances of three points on Sunday, and I think it would be a body blow to the teams chasing us.

I have in my mind that 53-55 points will be enough for 3rd.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I don’t see us keeping a clean sheet but I’ll take it 

Interesting. 

You’re about as close as it comes to the elusive ‘decent rangers fan’  told exists. 

But surely a reasonable human being couldn’t objectively think rangers were the ‘good guys’ in any scenario? 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Interesting. 

You’re about as close as it comes to the elusive ‘decent rangers fan’  told exists. 

But surely a reasonable human being couldn’t objectively think rangers were the ‘good guys’ in any scenario? 

Rangers being the good guys was the comedic angle I was going for 

Edited by AJF

I would be more confident if Shinnie was available. This is the sort of game where he brings most value to us and he tends to thrive in chaos.

I like Duncan, but he hasn’t been great in the last couple of games and this is a different type of challenge anyway. 

McCrorie could go in there, and he is probably the closest thing we have to a replacement, but that would likely necessitate bringing in either Kennedy or Richardson at wing-back. Richardson especially would be getting chucked in at the deep end after so long without any minutes.

Barron directly replacing Shinnie would probably be our best option, but he is presumably still injured. Even if he was fit, it would be a case of bringing him in from the cold too.

52 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I would be more confident if Shinnie was available. This is the sort of game where he brings most value to us and he tends to thrive in chaos.

I like Duncan, but he hasn’t been great in the last couple of games and this is a different type of challenge anyway. 

McCrorie could go in there, and he is probably the closest thing we have to a replacement, but that would likely necessitate bringing in either Kennedy or Richardson at wing-back. Richardson especially would be getting chucked in at the deep end after so long without any minutes.

Barron directly replacing Shinnie would probably be our best option, but he is presumably still injured. Even if he was fit, it would be a case of bringing him in from the cold too.

Pretty sure Barron is not allowed to be selected due to pricing himself out of a new deal.

Duncan has been more than fine the past couple of games. I'd have no issue with him playing. He's going to have to show he's good enough to play or maybe needs a loan move elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Pretty sure Barron is not allowed to be selected due to pricing himself out of a new deal.

Duncan has been more than fine the past couple of games. I'd have no issue with him playing. He's going to have to show he's good enough to play or maybe needs a loan move elsewhere.

It is more of a concern that Duncan has been playing as more of a one behind Duk and Miovski in the last couple of games. I would expect Robson to revert to a flatter three for this, and especially without Shinnie ratting about. To do otherwise would be bold. I’m not sure if that is Duncan’s game yet.

16 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

3-0 to the good guys. 

9 hours ago, AJF said:

I don’t see us keeping a clean sheet but I’ll take it 

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Interesting. 

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

17 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

The chat is that he's not available selection as he won't agree terms.

He played for Scotland recently then was out of our squad again.

Maybe a bit lost in wording as you said he’s ‘not allowed’ to be selected. 

That suggests we’ve made a choice not to select him based on contract negotiations? Very strange if true. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe a bit lost in wording as you said he’s ‘not allowed’ to be selected. 

That suggests we’ve made a choice not to select him based on contract negotiations? Very strange if true. 

From what I told, the demands from the players side were ridiculous.

If Barron wasn't getting a game due to contract issue then why would Robson mention him in the press conference that he is back training?

Looking forward to those Rangers fans saying we only play 4 teams a season yet our record at Pittodrie is embarrassing against Rangers - last win 2016! 

Edited by betting competition