Partick thistle vs Arbroath

Pretty comfortable victory although we weren’t at our best. It would’ve been a pumping if it wasn’t for Gaston. Turner, Lawless and McMillan were all excellent for us.

Arbroath were pretty poor. Thought McKenna’s attitude in the second half was terrible and I’d be raging if I was an Arbroath fan. He just strolled back or stood still screaming at teammates when we won the ball back. The number 17 who came on was a complete diddy.

The referee (Don Robertson?) was hopeless throughout.

Don’t think we played that well, but still comfortably deserved to win and probably should’ve been by more.

Fair play to Brownlie, for all he’s been the obvious weak link recently, he was really good today - that may be more of an indictment on Arbroath’s attack though.

2 minutes ago, Reid said:

Pretty comfortable victory although we weren’t at our best. It would’ve been a pumping if it wasn’t for Gaston. Turner, Lawless and McMillan were all excellent for us.

Arbroath were pretty poor. Thought McKenna’s attitude in the second half was terrible and I’d be raging if I was an Arbroath fan. He just strolled back or stood still screaming at teammates when we won the ball back. The number 17 who came on was a complete diddy.

We are used to being  poor and yes Gaston has been the bright spark in a set of generally dud fuses 

6 minutes ago, Reid said:

The ref was Euan Anderson I think. But he was relatively poor. 

Derek Gaston the only saving grace for Arbroath, could’ve been 4 or 5 nil.

22 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Don’t think we played that well, but still comfortably deserved to win and probably should’ve been by more.

Fair play to Brownlie, for all he’s been the obvious weak link recently, he was really good today - that may be more of an indictment on Arbroath’s attack though.

Thought that Brownlie strolled it today in defence. Good chance at the corner, too.

Our lack of any cutting edge meant the usual outcome.  We shaded possession, had many more corners but threatened rarely.  Once they had broken through it was comfortable for Thistle.  As noted before, they had the luxury of bring two proven strikers as subs - we only had Hilson who was not effective today.  Bitsindou was effective but El mhanni wasted too many and subs the same.

Been a poor season and not the best time to lose momentum.  

Edited by farflung lichtie

On 23/04/2023 at 22:46, Fuctifano said:

Surely Arbroath have to score against us this season, would be an incredibly weird thing to happen where one of the teams isn't an OF team. 

As per @The Thistle Archivethat's the first time we've shut a team out across 4 league games since Montrose in 91/92 but there was also the cup game as well, that's some stat. 

2 hours ago, Reid said:

Hard to believe that number 17 was signed & played by Neil warnock in the championship last season. Also noticed him at full time in the away end cheesing and high fiving his mates, fucking embarrassing.

13 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Hard to believe that number 17 was signed & played by Neil warnock in the championship last season. Also noticed him at full time in the away end cheesing and high fiving his mates, fucking embarrassing.

Heart's right in it for a relegation battle then...

DC messed up with starting XI moving Banks to LB. He was murder and got turned inside out for 1st goal. Bitsindou and El-Mhanni surprise starters. Allan looked half creative when he came on but Bobby looked out of sorts. 

Making hard work of this survival lark. Friday will be tortuous.