Ayr United vs Raith Rovers

The last Saturday at Somerset before work starts on the new stand. This is now must win territory for us as it’s unlikely we’ll be able to get three points in Inverness. 

Will Raith be able to put more than a couple subs on the bench after Lang and Vaughans sending offs?

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If Ayr can't beat us in the state we're in just now then they've no business being in the play offs anyway. 

Boom!!! If Ayr can’t beat our mob, they’ve no chance of promotion

We had 4 subs yesterday and Murray mentioned that we won’t have any of the injured players back for next week. We got two sent off who will both miss out, but Sam Stanton should be back after the birth of his child. So we are looking at 3 subs. Ayr should be liquidated at full time if they don’t beat us. 

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ayr should be liquidated at full time if they don’t beat us. 

We made a real struggle of beating a no goalkeeper Raith team and at best I'd be looking at same again.  

We should win this. I thought we actually played okay in spells against QP, we just didn't create any near enough clear cut chances, which made the game a pretty boring spectacle overall. As it went on, we abandoned any attempt at playing football and went with "let's give it to Dipo and hope he does something mad". There's only so many times that can work in a season.

With Raith's squad issues just now we really should be looking to be at them from the start. A goal in the first half and it could be a comfortable enough afternoon. However I can see us toiling for most the game and either nicking a goal late on or conceding something stupid.

Sad to think I won't be able to stand out on the North Terrace for a season. Best place to watch the game at Somerset Park. Very excited for the redevelopment, but it's going to be weird not having it for a bit. Roll on Saturday.

I'm sure we went to Arbroath under Hopkin in a must win game where Arbroath had nothing to play for and were handed our arse in the form of a 4-0 walkover. 

Hopefully some of the players who fell short on Friday (I am looking at you Akinyemi) will want to put things right on Saturday. If we play with the same intensity and defend the way we did last week, then we will be fine. 

But this team is Jekyll and Hyde and we'll likely end up with another draw. 

3-0 Ayr, Akinyemi x2 Ashford x1

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

We have no chance of promotion whether we beat you lot or not.

True as far as winning the league is concerned. We can’t catch  Dundee. I think, even if we beat Raith, there are still so many possibilities on the last day, we could finish anywhere from 6th to 2nd.  Admittedly, 2nd would be a miracle. 

1 minute ago, North British 2 said:

Get the job done on Saturday without injury or suspension.  That's it . Around 12 months ago we were standing at Palmerston 1-0 down and  staring into the abyse . Twelve months later its going to be either 3rd 4th or 5th . 

Or 2nd or 6th

28 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Better than we could achieve, have you seen the state of us. We’ve regressed Big time. 

You’ve not though. You’ll likely finish 7th having never really troubled relegation or promotion. It’s a bit dull but it’s your managers first season and given the arse that was made by the club last season and the financial impact that has had then it’s been okay. 

Ayr fans would probably have settled for that in pre season and we’d have bitten your hand off after the league cup games but our issue is that we’ve fallen away so dramatically since January that it’s hard to view this season very positively. At least you’ve been consistently sort of middle of the pack for the season.