Ayr United vs Raith Rovers

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Kerr in for Doc. 

Agreed

Doc is a good player, but Kerr just has much more fitba intelligence

I'm still gutted it didn't work out for him as gaffer

Edited by mugen_power

7 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

What wing has Josh Mullin played off most often this season? I always thought he was a right winger but I’m sure I’ve read he’s also been used on the left this season?

You guys still think Josh is heading to Kirkcaldy next season ? Might be something in that , rumours circulating we are after a younger right winger ! 

24 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

You guys still think Josh is heading to Kirkcaldy next season ? Might be something in that , rumours circulating we are after a younger right winger ! 

Not a chance Mullin leaves Ayr to sign for Raith. 

Raith would be a step down but if Raiths potential new owners want to make a statement signing then Mullin would fit the bill. It’s also not clear whether we can actually offer him the same terms for the next year if we are still in this division. 

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Depends what they are offering. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Raith would be a step down but if Raiths potential new owners want to make a statement signing then Mullin would fit the bill. It’s also not clear whether we can actually offer him the same terms for the next year if we are still in this division. 

If we're getting outbid from shite like Raith then we might aswell wind up and go home. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If we're getting outbid from shite like Raith then we might aswell wind up and go home. 

I'm not fussed, he's a winger over 30 so could drop off a cliff at any moment.  

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Maybe 

But if they want to go throwing money around on players let them carry on. It won’t end well for them. 

Fwiw there’s been absolutely no mention of Mullin going there besides some random Raith fan mentioning it a few weeks ago. Nothing else suggests he’s going there. It would be a weird move for him unless there was a lot of cash involved in it. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Someone did mention he was in the main stand at one of our recent mid week games tbf.

If he's injury prone, we'll take him.

Was it not the challenge cup final?

He was still quite pally with Rankin and a few other Accies players from last season which is what I put his appearance down to. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was it not the challenge cup final?

He was still quite pally with Rankin and a few other Accies players from last season which is what I put his appearance down to. 

I think it was a game at Starks, but could well have been against Accies tbh.

In any case the rumoured new owners aren't in post yet, and the current owner makes weekly statements to the press regarding the finances, so we are unlikely to be splashing cash at anyone. We've got our own expensive injury prone winger, thank you very much.

Edited by CALDERON

There has been a rumour about Mullin but I very much doubt it’s true, we don’t even know for certain who our owners for next season are yet. Would definitely tick a few boxes of what we need though and the facts he’s currently injured means he’d fit in very well!

The suggestion that the only way we’d be able to tempt him from Ayr is to throw a huge amount more money at him is pretty wild though. Last two seasons they have been fighting relegation whilst we have been in or challenging for the promotion play offs. One season where they have a cheat code centre forward and still might only reach the heady heights of 6th, one place above us, does not suddenly make them a hugely desirable option at this level.

It would be a sideways step which would be a bit of a weird move but also the type we see regularly at this level. Still don’t see it happening though due to the unresolved ownership and budget situation.

Edited by R.R.FC

Predicting that Musonda would've signed for Ayr 12 months ago is similar to predicting that Mullin will sign for us this summer. Would certainly be a surprise but very much possible.

I would imagine that Ayr and Rovers playing budgets are broadly similar so it could be down to geography, relationship with manager, colour of strip which ends up making players decisions. 

I think we're going to see a fair old merry go round at Starks this summer. Whilst I wouldn't suggest we have a lot of dead wood in the club, there are certainly players on decent money who, if they moved on, would free up wages for signings such as this.

Doesn't fit Sims young, hungry (and cheap) signing philosophy but it may not be his call come the summer.

25 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Doesn't fit Sims young, hungry (and cheap) signing philosophy but it may not be his call come the summer.

Hardly only young players - all signed this season:

Ross Millen - 27

Scott Brown - 27

Dylan Easton - 28

John Frederickson - 26 

Isma - 31

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Hardly only young players - all signed this season:

Ross Millen - 27

Scott Brown - 27

Dylan Easton - 28

John Frederickson - 26 

Isma - 31

You wouldn't have known this, but his strategy was unveiled in an interview 3 weeks or so ago and is talking about the future of the club.

What he says and what he does have not always aligned.

6 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

You wouldn't have known this, but his strategy was unveiled in an interview 3 weeks or so ago and is talking about the future of the club.

What he says and what he does have not always aligned.

Ah that's fair, yeah I didn't see that.