Ayr United vs Raith Rovers

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It doesn’t seem to work will quite as well at home…

Im on a stream so can’t be totally sure - but that missed chance sums up Ashford for the horrific footballer player that he is. 

However bad Ashford looks on the stream let me assure you he is ten times worse live. I cannot believe he even made it to half time.

I’ve been a bit calmer over the last few weeks as I’ve at least seen some slight signs of improvements footballing wise,  but if we manage to not win this I’ll be back to absolute heads gone. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Well that feast of football just flew past. Are you sure we can only have 45 minutes more? 

Absolutely no evidence in that half that Ayr have anything to play for, it's looked every bit a dead rubber for both sides. 

Willy Akio might have some uses, somewhere, but it's not playing up front on his own. Not that that's a new discovery, but it's even starker when the quality behind him is vastly reduced. He's done a fair bit of running but the few times he's been near the ball, his touch has been brutal. I'm sure that'll only improve as he tires towards the end and we can't replace him. 

As touched on above, if the Rovers are going to score, it looks like it's going to have to come from Ross/Stanton/McBride/McGill breaking from midfield and melting one in from 25 yards. We haven't really shown any alternative route to goal. 

Ayr have had a few half chances, they're getting some joy out of Akinyemi on the basis of presence alone, and there's every chance they'll eventually scramble one in.