Ayr United vs Raith Rovers

One of Ayr's better performances, but all the players seem to want at least one more touch than they have time for once they get into the final third.

Feels like a second goal would be decisive.

1 minute ago, Craigus said:

I have not, however struggling against this Raith side isn't a great indicator. 

It's a fair point, but Ayr did create chances, scored a nice goal and didn't fall out of the game for long periods. I thought it was a step forward from recent games, especially at home where they've been particularly disappointing.

That was an incredibly unremarkable game of football, particularly from a Rovers perspective. Everyone performed almost exactly as you'd expect them to, maybe with the exception of Adam Masson who did well over the piece after a couple of early slips. 

Beyond that, MacDonald made some good saves, Brown battled manfully in the middle, etc etc. Absolutely run of the mill, and when you look at the injuries and the players available, and the fact that we'd nothing to play for, I think that's... fine. 

Maybe the manager learned one or two things about a player or two, but nothing more than that to take from it. One game closer to the end of the season.

Good luck to Ayr United, I really like Frankie Musonda and I hope he can go on and do well in the playoffs for you. Frankie alone is a more likeable character than anyone who's ever been associated with Greenock Morton or Inverness Caledonian Thistle. 

On 28/04/2023 at 12:27, RRFC2711 said:

McDonald

sumbdy sumbdy sumbdy sumbdy

sumbdy sumbdy sumbdy sumbdy sumbdy

Sumbdy

Bench        naebdy naebdy naebdy

To many naebudys……..