Ayr United vs Raith Rovers

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Raith would be a step down but if Raiths potential new owners want to make a statement signing then Mullin would fit the bill. It’s also not clear whether we can actually offer him the same terms for the next year if we are still in this division. 

A step down on the basis of what? League table? 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yes that's normally how you measure these things. 

Yeah but if we signed him, and he scored a billion goals and we finished above Ayr would he have effectively bootstrapped it into a step up?

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't see what all you fat guys have to do with anything. 

It's obvious, the more fat guys you have the more you are bringing in via catering. 

7 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Good news for Ayr fans, Ian Murray has confirmed that we only have 12 outfield players currently available for this weekends match.

Guess it doesn't really matter at this stage when you can't catch anyone and can't be caught.  Nae young team to get minutes? 

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Guess it doesn't really matter at this stage when you can't catch anyone and can't be caught.  Nae young team to get minutes? 

Dumped the youth team to take second fiddle in Fife Elite…which gave us a couple of players and then got killed…the cupboard is bare, with three children out on loan.

3 hours ago, Raith69 said:

Good news for Ayr fans, Ian Murray has confirmed that we only have 12 outfield players currently available for this weekends match.

Considering that you're only allowed ten at once, that doesn't sound so bad. it's not as if Ayr's like-for-like subs in the 85th minute are going to turn the tide.

I would go with:

MacDonald

Millen     
Masson    
Dick     
Ngwenya

Brown     
Stanton    
McGill

Connolly    
Akio     
Ross

Assuming they are all available. If it’s the expected 12 outfield players fit, the only choice is who gets the nod out of Masson, Young and McBride. I’d go for Masson to see what he can do at centre back and it causes least disruption to the rest of the team. However, I can see Murray dropping Brown back and bringing in McBride instead of Masson.

4 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I would go with:

MacDonald

Millen     
Masson    
Dick     
Ngwenya

Brown     
Stanton    
McGill

Connolly    
Akio     
Ross

Assuming they are all available. If it’s the expected 12 outfield players fit, the only choice is who gets the nod out of Masson, Young and McBride. I’d go for Masson to see what he can do at centre back and it causes least disruption to the rest of the team. However, I can see Murray dropping Brown back and bringing in McBride instead of Masson.

Replace Ngwenya with Young and I’m good with it if you put Brown deep in the middle and Stanton and McGill pushing forward.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Replace Ngwenya with Young and I’m good with it if you put Brown deep in the middle and Stanton and McGill pushing forward.

See while you guys are talking formations and tactics and stuff - do you mind awfully if I let my pall Lee have a wee listen in?

8 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

See while you guys are talking formations and tactics and stuff - do you mind awfully if I let my pall Lee have a wee listen in?

He'll be looking over at the one man sub on the Raith bench and getting ideas.