National Conference League

edinabear

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The 75% is for an SPFL vote, the SFA AGM is 51%. So far the leagues haven't been given a status quo option, only shit and shittier. I doubt they'll be able to do that at the AGM, but if so, what would happen if a load of clubs refuse to vote, does there have to be a minimum quorum?

Maybe the way forward should be a Vote of No Confidence Motion. Get rid of the whole lot at one go. Ready-made replacements would need to be available to stand-in immediately otherwise it could be more of the same or worse.

7 minutes ago, Dev said:

Maybe the way forward should be a Vote of No Confidence Motion. Get rid of the whole lot at one go. Ready-made replacements would need to be available to stand-in immediately otherwise it could be more of the same or worse.

Presumably there is provision for a No Confidence Motion in the rules & regs?

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The formation of a new league body does come under the authority of the SFA.  It is covered in Article 18 of the SFA's Articles of Association.

Other leagues (e.g. SPFL, LL etc) can form their own new leagues, but subject to the overriding approval of the SFA.

Interestingly, there is no mention of "pyramid" in the SFA's AoA.

SFAformation.thumb.jpg.a088c4522fd6552b87c46f2fa61431a8.jpg

18.2 would appear to give the SFA the authority to insert a league into the pyramid at any level/grade appropriate to the clubs and players participating.

18.1 means SFA authority must be granted to establish a new league. It doesn't give the SFA authority to start new leagues.

18.2 Doesn't confer on the SFA any powers whatever. It merely asserts the authority of the SFA over the actions of affiliates.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

A no confidence motion would need at least as many, if not more, votes as just voting down this idea.

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A no confidence motion would need at least as many, if not more, votes as just voting down this idea.

Would a vote need a quorum though, if the clubs were offered 2 bad choices, status quo wasn't on  offer, and half the clubs refused to vote? 

If they understand their own AofA it won't be a case of choose A or choose B it will be a vote on whether or not to pass a particular resolution.

A resolution is carried, or not, by a simple majority of those voting eg you can win 1-0. 

Therefore status quo is always on offer.

Had it confirmed by my club (Stirling Albion) that they haven't received any proposal yet regarding the Conference League.

The club can also not vote for the idea without the Supporters Trust approval and the Supporters Trust has confirmed it will consult the trust members on it.

Safe to say Stirling will be voting naw to any conference league.

Edited by DavidMcG

9 hours ago, virginton said:

I fully expect the consultation with MCT members to result in the club voting to launch this shan proposal into the sea.

Agree with your expectation and hope you are right.  Have you got a public link to this?  A Stirling Albion fan has just stated that their club has not yet been consulted.  If I was better at tech stuff I would multi-quote but I am not there yet :(

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Agreed - there must be a slim chance that a no confidence motion would pass.  However, a well drafted motion with support from a broad cross section of the game should at least attract enough attention from the media and sponsors to generate a useful debate. 

• Is there anyone out there who thinks that the SFA is a competent and transparent organisation? 
  • Anyone who thinks that it is OK to promote a fundamental change to the structure of Scottish football without a clear proposal and a democratic vote on that proposal?
  • Anyone who thinks that Ian Maxwell earns his enormous salary? 
  • Anyone who thinks Neil Doncaster is worth his enormous salary, particularly given his role in dodgy dealings in the past? 

Shame on them if they are happy to turn a blind eye in the hope that they get a blazer or their club gets a player or two on loan by voting the right way.  

13 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

I’d imagine they’ll already have enough support to get it through or they’d have ditched it.

The status quo with 1 relegation place from the LL is worse than the conference league option for clubs south of the Tay!

This Conference would relegate all but the chosen six lucky clubs that take up a bribe to remain at the same level, why is this better than the current LL set up?

The old SPL in which your club led in forming was an elite league with no automatic promotion or relegation. Winners of the SFL had to apply and meet the criteria and be approved by SPL member clubs before going up. And here we are, same clubs doing the same thing with this Conference but this time as gatekeepers to the SPFL for ambitious clubs on the way up. Ambitious clubs that will waste a season or two in this clownshoes league instead of playing in the SPFL, simply because Rangers and Celtic like to own and control Scottish Football in the name of whatever lies they make up.

7 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Agree with your expectation and hope you are right.  Have you got a public link to this?  A Stirling Albion fan has just stated that their club has not yet been consulted.  If I was better at tech stuff I would multi-quote but I am not there yet :(

Those are the details that were emailed to members of the Morton Club Together fans' body yesterday, who have the controlling stake in Greenock Morton. The email links to a Google form that MCT members can use to cast their vote and express their sentiments - linked to the registered email that they have with MCT. 

Given that the 'details' outlined don't specify the size of division, promotion/relegation of club 42 mechanism etc., I'd interpret that a formal proposal has not been given to the clubs yet, before the expected vote next month. But what's coming down the chute is close to the information received by GMFC. 

What's worrying is the LL clubs making major decisions based on absolutely no detials. 

No one knows whether it will be 10 or 12 teams

No one knows what will happen with 'club 42'

No one knows how this 'prize money' will be distributed

No one knows how it will affact League/challenge Cup places or Scottish Cup places for tier 6 champions

No one knows the registration details/rules around these B teams (i.e. Are they allowed to play for their parent clubs during the season) 

It's so amateurish and embarrassing to think these clowns run football in this country

42 minutes ago, Spyro said:

What's worrying is the LL clubs making major decisions based on absolutely no detials. 

No one knows whether it will be 10 or 12 teams

No one knows what will happen with 'club 42'

No one knows how this 'prize money' will be distributed

No one knows how it will affact League/challenge Cup places or Scottish Cup places for tier 6 champions

No one knows the registration details/rules around these B teams (i.e. Are they allowed to play for their parent clubs during the season) 

It's so amateurish and embarrassing to think these clowns run football in this country

That's intentional.

It's easier to pass a vote on an idea compared to a proposal.

You can already see the compromises being made to have it work with the Highland League. Off you go Brechin & Brora if you want it that badly. Leaves us with a 16 team league. We're good.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Those are the details that were emailed to members of the Morton Club Together fans' body yesterday, who have the controlling stake in Greenock Morton. The email links to a Google form that MCT members can use to cast their vote and express their sentiments - linked to the registered email that they have with MCT. 

Given that the 'details' outlined don't specify the size of division, promotion/relegation of club 42 mechanism etc., I'd interpret that a formal proposal has not been given to the clubs yet, before the expected vote next month. But what's coming down the chute is close to the information received by GMFC. 

Thanks.  Looking at your post again the interesting bit is "The information the club has on this and is able to share....".  That suggests that the Club/MCT may have more information but have been told that some of it is confidential.   Hopefully the response from your side will be that both the proposal and the consultation process are unacceptable.