No to B teams

I get that there is a sentimental attachment to Rovers, but playing a club 4 times every season is at the best repetitive, at the worst outright boring. The whole point of the “pyramid” is to freshen things up with new clubs, so outwith the b teams argument, surely new clubs in the league would freshen things up?

8 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I get that there is a sentimental attachment to Rovers, but playing a club 4 times every season is at the best repetitive, at the worst outright boring. The whole point of the “pyramid” is to freshen things up with new clubs, so outwith the b teams argument, surely new clubs in the league would freshen things up?

But that is the whole point: with 'B' teams, there is no pyramid system. 

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Well all clubs are in receipt of as much details as they're going to get after the documents were sent out yesterday.

Time to start asking your club questions (general comment, not aimed at anyone).

If the Conference happens, then B teams will be in the SPFL in 5 years time IMO.

If the conference happens, 'B' teams will be in league 2 within 2 years at the very most. 

We don't need wee shitey colt bum lickers in the league, so Spartans can f**k off. Playing a club 4 times a season has nothing to do with new clubs being promoted. 

Might be boring, but at least they haven't sold their soul for b team £

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We don't need wee shitey colt bum lickers in the league, so Spartans can f**k off. Playing a club 4 times a season has nothing to do with new clubs being promoted. 

It has everything to do with it, freshening things up and playing new teams is what keeps leagues interesting.

4 hours ago, Shawheadrover said:

But that is the whole point: with 'B' teams, there is no pyramid system. 

I was looking for an answer outwith the B team argument. There seems to be a feeling of it’s “a good day out” or “I like going to their ground” for wanting them to stay in the league, do fans not want to see it freshened up?

42 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I was looking for an answer outwith the B team argument. There seems to be a feeling of it’s “a good day out” or “I like going to their ground” for wanting them to stay in the league, do fans not want to see it freshened up?

Freshen it with teams who don't take B team coin.

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It has everything to do with it, freshening things up and playing new teams is what keeps leagues interesting.

Competition keeps leagues interesting, not necessarily the clubs taking part in it. I would have automatic relegation from League 2 but right now that's not the case and Spartans still need to earn their way in. If they can't beat a misfiring Albion Rovers then maybe they won't add as much to the competition as you seem to think. 

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Competition keeps leagues interesting, not necessarily the clubs taking part in it. I would have automatic relegation from League 2 but right now that's not the case and Spartans still need to earn their way in. If they can't beat a misfiring Albion Rovers then maybe they won't add as much to the competition as you seem to think. 

Judging on yesterday’s game I would say there is nothing between the 2 teams, perhaps we will see a gulf next Saturday. I think Spartans have the potential to develop into a SPFL side, they have the infrastructure behind them and should be able to compete financially with a majority of league 2 teams.

57 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

None of the SPFL clubs who’ve gone down have come back.

There has to be automatic promotion for at least 1 club.The self preservation in Scottish football is astonishing.

On 12/05/2023 at 08:17, The Moonster said:

Until clubs start stating their position there's not much to say. Fans are wholeheartedly against this outside of a OF fans and few absolute weirdos, so this thread will be fairly quiet until clubs say something. 

I’d quietly suggest that chairmen learned from the Rangers debacle and are holding a line of silence til after season ticket renewals go through, then announcing it.

2 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

None of the SPFL clubs who’ve gone down have come back.

There has to be automatic promotion for at least 1 club.The self preservation in Scottish football is astonishing.

Self preservation starts at the top and trickles down.

8 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Might be boring, but at least they haven't sold their soul for b team £

The paperwork is out for the proposed new league set up.

The word is most teams in tge League 2 will vote for it.  You need to start putting pressure on your teams.