Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Your take on this is why people from Inverness, etc,  "support" the gruesome twosome. 

Nonsense  !! My 'take' on this is precisely because I despise the Old Firm and all they stand for and have no interest in, or wish to view, their vile religious triumphalism.  Anyone, whether from Inverness or anywhere else who shared my views would not support the bigotry brothers under any circumstance. So no, you're utterly and mystifyingly wrong on this one.

Edited by kennie makevin

16 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Nonsense  !! My 'take' on this is precisely because I despise the Old Firm and all they stand for and have no interest in, or wish to view, their vile religious triumphalism.  Anyone, whether from Inverness or anywhere else who shared my views would not support the bigotry brothers under any circumstance. So no, you're utterly and mystifyingly wrong on this one.

My point was that you would rather watch a match which has nothing to do with football in your area (Scotland) than an actual Scottish football match. The same as someone from Inverness, Dumfries, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, etc would rather support a club from Glasgow than their local team. 

Quick Question.

If Inverness are victorious against Celtic in the Scottish Cup then we are back in Europe again.

If on the other hand, we choose not to win it and Celtic win the Premier League as well, then who gets the European slot that Inverness chose to decline?

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Quick Question.

If Inverness are victorious against Celtic in the Scottish Cup then we are back in Europe again.

If on the other hand, we choose not to win it and Celtic win the Premier League as well, then who gets the European slot that Inverness chose to decline?

Whoever finishes 5th I think 

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Quick Question.

It goes to the 3rd placed PL team I think.

On 04/05/2023 at 11:47, SandyCromarty said:

Jock Stein won the European Cup with a team from Glasgow + Bobby Lennox.

Angie hasn't won the European Championship but he's kept up Celtics Irish tradition by signing Flynn O'Furuhashi,  Eammon O'Hatate, Fintan Aidan Iwata and Connor O' Maeda.

Bhoys all.

Interesting tactic to publicly out yourself as a racist.

On 06/05/2023 at 13:07, The Golden God said:

Whoever finishes 5th I think 

On 06/05/2023 at 16:38, SandyCromarty said:

It goes to the 3rd placed PL team I think.

Both correct, in a way. 

The European place allocated to the Scottish Cup goes to the 3rd placed team in the Premiership. The place for the 3rd placed team goes to 4th; place for 4th to 5th. 

The irony is that if Celtic do win the Scottish Cup, they’d probably spend longer in Europe by taking that place instead of their Champions League one. 

On 05/05/2023 at 10:21, kingjoey said:

My point was that you would rather watch a match which has nothing to do with football in your area (Scotland) than an actual Scottish football match. The same as someone from Inverness, Dumfries, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, etc would rather support a club from Glasgow than their local team. 

If I think the actual Scottish football match in question will be a tediously predictable non-event , which I do, and have no particular allegiance to either club, which I don't , then I'd rather watch the game which has the potential to provide the better entertainment and that's Man City v Man Utd. I hope I'm wrong of course.

50 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

If I think the actual Scottish football match in question will be a tediously predictable non-event , which I do, and have no particular allegiance to either club, which I don't , then I'd rather watch the game which has the potential to provide the better entertainment and that's Man City v Man Utd. I hope I'm wrong of course.

I invest my emotion, time and money into Scottish football. I would honestly watch, and do, any Scottish match if it is on TV at the same time as a game from another country.

Guest ICTFCwife
1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I invest my emotion, time and money into Scottish football. I would honestly watch, and do, any Scottish match if it is on TV at the same time as a game from another country.

Likewise I’d rather watch a caley v celtic cup final any day over watching a Man City v Man Utd game. I also wouldn’t say it’s a “tediously predictable non-event” caley won the cup final the last time against Celtic what’s stopping them doing it again? Albeit it will be a massive challenge to do so with 4 weeks of no games before the final however Dodds has stated after this week he’ll arrange friendlies to prepare us for the final,however stranger things have happened. I’d rather watch a match between two unlikely teams that happens once in a blue moon to the usual English premiership teams that are on practically every other day it’s a no brainer which one I’m watching. The Man City - Man Utd game is predictable in that Man Utd are shite at the moment and it’s very clear that when their players are up against the likes of Haaland they are screwed. Game prediction - Man City win, Haaland 2 or more goals (most likely a hatrick) goal from de bruyne along with assists. Most likely a 3-0,4-0 win Man City. 

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Each to their own...but to me that's as illogical as saying you'd watch/listen to Gerry Cinnamon rather than Bob Dylan simply because  the former is 'Scottish'. It's probably because I don't fervently support a Scottish club. I get that. I would watch the Scottish national team over any other match and Andy Murray over Nadal or Djokovic, so I accept what you're saying but Scottish domestic football just can't hold that attachment for me.....not as long as Rangers and Celtic are playing in it.

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Each to their own...but to me that's as illogical as saying you'd watch/listen to Gerry Cinnamon rather than Bob Dylan simply because  the former is 'Scottish'. It's probably because I don't fervently support a Scottish club. I get that. I would watch the Scottish national team over any other match and Andy Murray over Nadal or Djokovic, so I accept what you're saying but Scottish domestic football just can't hold that attachment for me.....not as long as Rangers and Celtic are playing in it.

Please f**k off this thread then you weirdo.

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

So you are just as illogical

22 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Bob Dylan has had a hoose in Nethybrdge for years, and I'm not bullshitting, so I would be quite hapy that he has Scottish residency.

So you don't support a Scottish football, as in who gives a f**k what you think.

24 minutes ago, FlyerTon said:

Has there been a Scottish Cup final in June before?

Fom the 1970-71 final onwards, all apart from the 2019-20 final (Dec) have been held in May.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970–71_Scottish_Cup

No. The latest final prior to this season (except 2019/20) was Dundee v Rangers on Saturday 31st May 2003. 

Edited by The Master

On 09/05/2023 at 10:13, kennie makevin said:

Just checked and Bobby McDylan has had the hoose in Nethy for the last 16 years.