🔵🔴 The Caley v Ayr ⚪⚫

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Blue lagoon is the worst chippie in the world anyone that says otherwise is a complete wrongun 

I had a portion of chips from the one at Glasgow Central, I could feel the fat congealing on my teeth. Absolutely foul.

12 minutes ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

I had a portion of chips from the one at Glasgow Central, I could feel the fat congealing on my teeth. Absolutely foul.

If you can survive dismemberment then I'm sure a bit of fat isn't an issue.  

52 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Inverness dont next the fixture pile up. Dodds was saying if they make the PO final theyll have about 3 weeks break before pre season which isnt enough time. Strangely I feel we will do enough to make the play offs 

Aye that's very interesting. What's your favourite chippy though?

The Blue Lagoon at Central is the worst dedicated chip shop (as opposed to the four-in-one abominations that plague the central belt) in Scotland, narrowly beating out the place between Queen Street Station and Buchanan Street. You'd only think it was good if you were pished and starving, which is its entire market.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

The Blue Lagoon at Central is the worst dedicated chip shop (as opposed to the four-in-one abominations that plague the central belt) in Scotland, narrowly beating out the place between Queen Street Station and Buchanan Street. You'd only think it was good if you were pished and starving, which is its entire market.

That's the bad Pizza Crolla!  Never ever go it's awful.  

The Pizza Crolla at central is pretty average/fine, had a couple lunches out of there.  

Had a bag of chips from blue lagoon in Glasgow last week after stumbling out of Platform absolutely steaming. Didn’t realise until I got home I’d paid about £7 for a bag of chips and a can of Fanta. 

Overpriced shite.

Edited by D'Jaffo

Chippies near me: The Blue Lagoon Burns Supper got tore an absolute new one by health & safety a few years back so haven't been in it since. The Vesta at tam's brig got taken over and turned to shit, so have to go up to Guidi's now, which is decent.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

Lucky Star is very underrated and often overlooked because of where it is, but definitely one of the best in Ayr. Marcos as well, always went to the Welly, but it’s just as good. Forehill used to be the best, but has went right downhill I thought, but the homemade steak pie is different class. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Chippies near me: The Blue Lagoon got tore an absolute new one by health & safety a few years back so haven't been in it since. The Vesta at tam's brig got taken over and turned to shit, so have to go up to Guidi's now, which is decent.

Guidi's is very good (and it helps that it's a five minute walk from my folks' house) but it must be the most expensive chip shop in Christendom.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Lucky Star is very underrated and often overlooked because of where it is

It's also absolutely never open, somewhat diminishing its value as a restaurant.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The Blue Lagoon got tore an absolute new one by health & safety a few years back so haven't been in it since.

This also reminds me of the Burns Supper (or more often Burn's Supper or some other grammatical abomination) at the bottom of Heathfield Road. For the last twenty years, every three months it opens under a new name, and is summarily shut down again on its first three month health and safety visit when one of the inspectors' fried sausages turns out to be a rat. Quite possibly the most dangerous place to eat in the world.

Edited by Thumper

16 minutes ago, Thumper said:

This also reminds me of the Burns Supper (or more often Burn's Supper or some other grammatical abomination) at the bottom of Heathfield Road. For the last twenty years, every three months it opens under a new name, and is summarily shut down again on its first three month health and safety visit when one of the inspectors' fried sausages turns out to be a rat. Quite possibly the most dangerous place to eat in the world.

LOL my mum's first job was in there.

I have never heard anything good about that place.

13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That's the one I actually was meaning, but all this Blue Lagoon chat led to that specific brain fart. It's basically outside my door, horrific place, not sure if all the articles I've seen about it are all about the same incident or separate ones. When the health inspector says it's one of the worst he's ever seen then you know it's bad, and he's seen some shit no doubt.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That's the one I actually was meaning, but all this Blue Lagoon chat led to that specific brain fart. It's basically outside my door, horrific place, not sure if all the articles I've seen about it are all about the same incident or separate ones. When the health inspector says it's one of the worst he's ever seen then you know it's bad, and he's seen some shit no doubt.

I used to work in kitchens. You would never buy food from some places again if you saw the state of their kitchens and equipment they were using.

Having played both on the cup beating one and losing comfortably on Saturday the obvious result is an ICT win. However I was not that impressed with ICT defensively and I think the Ayr strike force is way better than ours and will get to two iffy CH’s and poor goalkeeper. 
Ayr’s issue is keeping the front four of ICT quiet. If they can do that I fancy Ayr will get a result. 

At least a few years ago the Blue Lagoon was confined to Glasgow city centre so could be somewhat ignored.

It’s expansion across Scotland should be declared a national emergency - ideally with daily briefings.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Having played both on the cup beating one and losing comfortably on Saturday the obvious result is an ICT win. However I was not that impressed with ICT defensively and I think the Ayr strike force is way better than ours and will get to two iffy CH’s and poor goalkeeper. 
Ayr’s issue is keeping the front four of ICT quiet. If they can do that I fancy Ayr will get a result. 

Inverness v Ayr chat for this… 

I found out last night I was stung £12 for a fish supper in Pitlochry on the way back from Hampden on Saturday. Didn’t even help to sober me up.

Edited by PB1994