Final Day Play Off Showdown

4 teams in the running, 2 places up for grabs. Who's going to make the play offs?

It's possible for Partick to miss out if they lose and two of Morton, Ayr or ICT win. They could also pip QP to 2nd if they win and Dundee/QP draw or Dundee win.

Ayr and Caley can both finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th depending on all the results. We play each other and it really is a case of winner takes all. Cue the inevitable draw. Said draw would mean Partick get a play off spot by default (unless they were to lose heavily to Raith). 

Morton have announced themselves as a late contender and as they play Cove, have a very good chance of nicking one of the spots if they win and results elsewhere go their way. They need a draw between Inverness and Ayr or for Partick to lose.

Also, QP already have a play off spot secured and could very well win the league on Friday. They could also finish as low as 4th if they were to lose and results elsewhere go against them.

It's all a bit mad.

Edited by AuAl

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

4 teams in the running, 2 places up for grabs. Who's going to make the play offs?

It's possible for Partick to miss out if they lose and two of Morton, Ayr or ICT win. They could also pip QP to 2nd if they win and Dundee were to win. 

Ayr and Caley can both finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th depending on all the results. We play each other and it really is a case of winner takes all. Cue the inevitable draw. Said draw would mean Partick get a play off spot by default (unless they were to lose heavily to Raith). 

Morton have announced themselves as a late contender and as they play Cove, have a very good chance of nicking one of the spots if they win and results elsewhere go their way.

Also, QP already have a play off spot secured and could very well win the League on Friday. They could also finish as low as 4th if they were to lose and results elsewhere go against them.

It's all a bit mad.

That's why we all love this league

17 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

I can see us and ICT shitfesting a 0-0 and Morton pinching the play off spot.

Unfortunately...(from a Morton perspective) I dont.

We are doing what we have to do in the last 3 games (counting my chickens before they hatch in Cove) but results didnt fall for us today so sadly....I think we've missed the play-offs.

I'll leave the post portem till next Saturday. That said...Dougie Imrie has moved this team on and am a damn sight more confident for next season .

3 hours ago, AuAl said:

…(unless they were to lose heavily to Raith)…

…It's all a bit mad.

I don’t know about it all being mad, but that concept is truly insane!

Edited by TxRover

9 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Thistle getting a result in Kirkcaldy. It’s not something that happens that often.

Your OK, will happen on Friday, we've nothing to play for, had 1 (one) outfield player on the bench today, given a full strength squad I suspect 4 or 5 of the starters wouldn't make the bench in a regular game, I can't see that many players making a miraculous recovery in only 1 week 

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Raith Rovers have nothing to play for and as such despite having no players are the agent of chaos in all of this. 

Very true, as the only team in the league with nothing left to play for you should embrace this and have fun with it.

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Very true, as the only team in the league with nothing left to play for you should embrace this and have fun with it.

We whole heartedly embrace the concept, we’ll have issues with the execution.

20 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I'm quite sure that somewhere we will fucking f**k up someone's play off ambitions, regardless of the result.

Season 23 Coaches GIF by The Voice