Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

13 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

beachboy, where do Hibs stand on this. I know Rod Petrie was very vocal last year about the pressures to admit Rangers B/Celtic B into the SPFL system but I am not aware of current Hibs voting intentions. Maybe you can let us know if Hibs are joining us good guys (I wish you luck).

Not sure where Hibs stood as regards the vote, but unfortunately we all know what Cowdenbeath would have voted?

#wannabees 

Anyone worth their salt in Scottish football would have looked up the current status of B team football in Croatia. Even us on a football forum know that when you come out with some claim or statistic you have to back it up with a creditable source unless its established common knowledge. Imagine if Maxwell was a poster on here, I think we can guess what kind of posts would land on these threads.

After Beale's statement 're b teams in LL, hopefully Gers will do the honourable thing a d withdraw from the LL. Hearts and Celts would surely suit

Since the introduction of the B's, can't recall ever reading any statements from Celts. Have they left it to the Gers to do all the talking for them both?

7 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

You really are a tit. Cowdenbeath voted no.

Hibs: old firm ass lickers.

Cowdenbeaths intention may have been to vote no but no vote has taken place. And if that is Ciwdens position then it makes the childish "we had a meeting and WE know the reasons and actions required going forward, but we don't want to disclose it" from some of your fans at the start of this thread even more ridiculous than it already was. 

7 hours ago, Dev said:

The direct implication is that you are only looking for a very small number of talented players from each year group. The coaches know which ones coming through have any chance to reach that playing standard. They identify that at a very early age for each player. They don't suddenly produce the basic talent at 17 years of age.

This business about players improving if they played for B teams is completely irrelevant to the future success of any national team. it is completely bogus. Either the SFA Board understands that or they don't. Either way they let Maxwell spout this nonsense which has brought the SFA into what many may feel is disrepute. The whole lot should go now. 

Time for others who have an understanding of the game to come forward and to take over asap.

A lot (too much!) was made about Croatia and their B teams based on the World Cup. There were 32 teams at the World Cup, 25 in each squad so a total of 800 World Cup players.  Of those 800 how many played B team football at 17/18? Maybe the better question to investigate was what football were they playing at that age. I would guess that most would have made 1st team breakthroughs at some level. It would have been a more interesting analysis than pointing to Romeo Beckham at Brentford

40 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

A lot (too much!) was made about Croatia and their B teams based on the World Cup. There were 32 teams at the World Cup, 25 in each squad so a total of 800 World Cup players.  Of those 800 how many played B team football at 17/18? Maybe the better question to investigate was what football were they playing at that age. I would guess that most would have made 1st team breakthroughs at some level. It would have been a more interesting analysis than pointing to Romeo Beckham at Brentford

Maxwell forgot such facts in his "arguments", or the fact that there is only one B-team left in the Croatian pyramid, who just got relegated from the 3rd tier to the regionalised 4th tier. Even more hilarious was that he quoted the success of Brentford B, a team who aren't in the pyramid, play reserve football & friendlies and never even attempted to join the English pyramid as far as I know.

Edited by Marten

12 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Imagine pulling the vote the day before, what a bunch of utter deluded muppets we have running our game. We're not getting our own way so spit the dummy completely and pull the vote. I honestly despair at the SFA.

It's full of old duffers who still think it's 1967 and headed up by a guy who played in an era where it was drilled into you that the Old Firm are the be all and end all (90's and 00's).

They need to realise it's 2023, the fans dictate to the clubs now and we all want Celtic and Rangers gotten to fuck.

58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Cowdenbeaths intention may have been to vote no but no vote has taken place. And if that is Ciwdens position then it makes the childish "we had a meeting and WE know the reasons and actions required going forward, but we don't want to disclose it" from some of your fans at the start of this thread even more ridiculous than it already was. 

Dumbarton's intention may have been to continue taking the Rangers B bribe.

B teams are one of these zombie ideas that are constant talking points.  They will never go away.

Other zombie ideas in Scottish football are:

Summer football

16 team top flight

Old Firm going to England / some sort of British cup

Just now, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Where have they gone to?

A reserve or b league with a bit of luck.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

A lesson to be learned from this and from the non-juniors league at Tier 6 from a few years back.

Maxwell and his like work by spreading Chinese Whispers. Going around club to club, association to association spreading lies and insinuations, bullying and threatening.

This has shown that when the clubs are open and honest with their fans, and god forbid, talk to one another these charlatans can be put back in their box. 

Scottish Football behaves like it is a dictatorship, this has show it can be a co-operative.

So if this is the result of clubs being selfish and self-serving.

Viva la revolucion.

13 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Dumbarton's intention may have been to continue taking the Rangers B bribe.

No we stated our intention was to vote no and ended our agreement with Rangers. Sadly we've taken up a worse agreement with B team apologists BSC but unlike the Cowden fans I'm quite comfortable to call out my own club when they're wrong.

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

B teams are one of these zombie ideas that are constant talking points.  They will never go away.

Other zombie ideas in Scottish football are:

Summer football

16 team top flight

Old Firm going to England / some sort of British cup

Just over 10 years ago it was a return to a 10 team top flight.

I'm also sure they would love to have a breakaway top flight back again.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No we stated our intention was to vote no and ended our agreement with Rangers. Sadly we've taken up a worse agreement with B team apologists BSC but unlike the Cowden fans I'm quite comfortable to call out my own club when they're wrong.

Sadly Dumbarton's intentions are all over the place. Obviously the Board doesn't listen to you or maybe they just ignore fans ?