Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

What a couple of absolute twats.  God knows what Maxwell is concocting for his next brainwave on the future of Scottish football.

Maxwell doesn't concoct anything, he gets told what has been concocted by others.

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

Maxwell must be hating Scottish Men's team doing well just now - please qualify Steve Clarke

ps John Collins has always been a self-centred tit and cringe inducing on the radio

How did GFD vote?

Scotland could reach the semi-finals at the Euros and Maxwell would claim that with B-teams Scotland would have won it...

28 minutes ago, Marten said:

Scotland could reach the semi-finals at the Euros and Maxwell would claim that with B-teams Scotland would have won it...

surprised he hasn't started coming out with "we have never went 4/4 wins to start qualifying without B teams in the league setup"

On 26/06/2023 at 18:04, stanley said:

Steve Clarke had the Scotland squad watching videos of Celtic B v Gretna before the Norway game for inspiration. The only reason we managed to win.

And im sure that Gretna would have helped them immeasurably

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Nope.

You appear to be in the know.  Perhaps you can explain what the Pyramid Working Group is for and why it was not consulted about the submission or withdrawal of the insertion of the Conference League into the pyramid system, a matter which is very clearly part of their remit. Was the PWG also consulted about the changes to the club voting system ?

26 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

You appear to be in the know.  Perhaps you can explain what the Pyramid Working Group is for and why it was not consulted about the submission or withdrawal of the insertion of the Conference League into the pyramid system, a matter which is very clearly part of their remit. Was the PWG also consulted about the changes to the club voting system ?

To question one - that's a question for the Scottish FA to answer.

To question two - I don't know the answer to that one.

Sorry that's not very helpful, but I do know for certainty that the PWG did not construct the Conference League proposal.

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

To question one - that's a question for the Scottish FA to answer.

To question two - I don't know the answer to that one.

Sorry that's not very helpful, but I do know for certainty that the PWG did not construct the Conference League proposal.

The PWG may not have constructed the proposal put on the AGM Agenda, but did they know about it  or were asked to approve it ?

4 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

The PWG may not have constructed the proposal put on the AGM Agenda, but did they know about it  or were asked to approve it ?

They were informed of it as were all member clubs and associations. As far as I am aware no approval was asked for as it was a proposal raised by the Scottish FA.

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

The PWG appear to be about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

The PWG met twice, on 7th March and 25th April, at which the topic of accommodating B Teams was discussed.  Those discussions led to the creation of the SFA's ill-fated Resolution 6 to be voted on at the SFA's AGM.

Representatives from all the leagues were present at the first meeting, while the SPFL reps were absent for the second meeting.

21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The PWG met twice, on 7th March and 25th April, at which the topic of accommodating B Teams was discussed.  Those discussions led to the creation of the SFA's ill-fated Resolution 6 to be voted on at the SFA's AGM.

Representatives from all the leagues were present at the first meeting, while the SPFL reps were absent for the second meeting.

I believe they were told that the status quo was not an option so no vote was held.

On 03/07/2023 at 16:23, glensmad said:

They were informed of it as were all member clubs and associations. As far as I am aware no approval was asked for as it was a proposal raised by the Scottish FA.

All those Blazers at the one time.

Scary.