Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

Think if all the clubs consulting fans do what's anticipated on that basis, there are now 53 likely NO votes declared once 7 extra clubs that have told the P&J they are against are factored in. There are some cast iron certain NO votes still undeclared from the LL like Bo'ness United so looking very good given at least 5 of the FAs with votes are dominated by nonleague pyramid clubs. Key is to not just win this but having a big majority for NO so the SFA board take a telling and don't keep trying again.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

St Mirren confirmed as a no vote. Surely won't go through now, but hopefully we see a huge number of clubs voting no. I'm not calling for boycotts or abuse but any lower league club that does vote yes should be asked why they did. 

A slight disappointment for me is that in most of the statements declaring a no vote, the main point is that its not the best answer for youth development and B teams. I would like to see some more clubs coming out and saying the reason is that it unfairly disadvantages huge numbers of clubs in tier 5 and below who clearly don't want it and would discourage growth and investment at that level. Youth development is important but so is actual grassroots football that we are told also matters to big SPFL clubs. 

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Riddles on FitbaNorth has kindly put together a breakdown, which I've nicked.

Confirmed AGAINST the Conference proposal:
Brora Rangers
Buckie Thistle
Clachnacuddin
Cove Rangers
Deveronvale
Forres Mechanics
Huntly
Keith
Lossiemouth
Nairn County
Peterhead
Ross County
Rothes
Strathspey Thistle
Turriff United
Wick Academy

Undeclared - Ten clubs - with 6 voting AGAINST, 1 abstention, 2 FOR and 1 no-reply:
Aberdeen
Banks o' Dee
Brechin City
Elgin City
Formartine United
Fort William
Fraserburgh
Golspie Sutherland
Inverness Caley Thistle
Inverurie Loco Works
riddles
Senior Member (ITFC)
Senior Member (ITFC)

Club: Inverness Thistle (RIP)
  •  
  •  

Bad news and a potential embarrassment for Dundee United fans is that Mark Ogren, while stating he'll give consideration to the views of the support, intends to make a decision by himself on how to vote. 

Considering how well that his choices have gone this season, I'm preparing to hide.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

3 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Aberdeen knocked back the invite. Keeping options open for a later date ?

Not taking part doesn't mean they'll vote against it. They might think it's a good idea, but just not for them. Burrows was a big B team advocate when he was at Motherwell.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Aberdeen’s rejection of the invite seemed more about them not wanting to pile money into a B team rather than any strong objection as a matter of principle.

They also expressed some solidarity with their Highland League brothers, who knows though. 

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Inverness, Brechin, Elgin and Aberdeen seem the most likely yes voters out of that lot.

Elgin, Banks o' Dee and Fort William have ancient and/or more recent grudges with the Highland League. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Ross County are not on the No to B teams tracker as a confirmed NO hence 6 rather than 7 extras.

Edit: They are now

When did County declare? Missed that, but relieved if true.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Pleased, but surprised based on what I’d picked up a few weeks back on perceived benefits compared to the LL. Perhaps they didn’t want the ignominy of being the only SPFL supporters other than Celtic and Rangers*.

Now time to reform the tiers 4 & 5 structure to address the concerns that were initially pushing Stranraer (and others) towards ‘yes.’

Edited by EdinburghBlue

Livingston now a confirmed No. St Mirren and Motherwell also. Thankfully fan pressure has swayed this towards the good guys.

When it is rejected Maxwell’s position must be untenable surely

Edited by CambieBud

7 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Livingston now a confirmed No. St Mirren and Motherwell also. Thankfully fan pressure has swayed this towards the good guys.

When it is rejected Maxwell’s position must be untenable surely

I’m not sure he gives enough of a toss to be worried about it. What I will say is that the incoming president has lost his first meaningful vote on his first first day in charge, not a great look.

12 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I’m not sure he gives enough of a toss to be worried about it. What I will say is that the incoming president has lost his first meaningful vote on his first first day in charge, not a great look.

Is there much of a precedent for a SFA Board backed resolution which they argued as fundamental to the structure of the domestic game and the future of the International game being rejected by the membership due to its ineptness in form, structure and presentation?