Nations League

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

You could no doubt produce incredible highlight reels from the WoSL Premier but that doesn't mean its a great league.

It's not misogynistic to say that womens' football in Scotland just isn't that good.

Guessing it's a lot better than it once was.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2023 at 21:26, Todd_is_God said:

You could no doubt produce incredible highlight reels from the WoSL Premier but that doesn't mean its a great league.

It's not misogynistic to say that womens' football in Scotland just isn't that good.

The irony of a Hamilton Accies fan complaining about the standard of football...

Does every thread on women's football have to be polluted with this tedious sh*te?

It's got nothing to so with the Nations League. If you want to whine about the standard of football, go set up a thread for that. 

14 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Game in the Netherlands live on BBC Scotland now. Tough task with a depleted squad.

No Weir, Cuthbert or Kerr, our three best players, and no Watson, our most exciting young prospect and a natural goalscorer. We should be taking a beating here and if it continues as it has been for the first half hour I'll be delighted.

Anybody know if there's anything that could lure Kim Little out of retirement? If we miss a third major tournament in a row while the game is growing rapidly we'll fall even further behind. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

No Weir, Cuthbert or Kerr, our three best players, and no Watson, our most exciting young prospect and a natural goalscorer. We should be taking a beating here and if it continues as it has been for the first half hour I'll be delighted.

Anybody know if there's anything that could lure Kim Little out of retirement? If we miss a third major tournament in a row while the game is growing rapidly we'll fall even further behind. 

On now to Tuesday.

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

The irony of a Hamilton Accies fan complaining about the standard of football...

Does every thread on women's football have to be polluted with this tedious sh*te?

It's got nothing to so with the Nations League. If you want to whine about the standard of football, go set up a thread for that. 

I wasn't complaining about anything. More pointing out that crowds are low because the product isn't good enough to attract more.

Dunno why that triggers you so much.

On 27/10/2023 at 20:18, GordonS said:

It's a good point. I was rather irritated by Little when she used her last Scotland call-up as a warm-up for her TeamGeeBee Olympic gig and then promptly retired from international duty. But we could do with her back.

Also think we'd be stronger at the back if Jen Beattie could be lured back.

Going tonight anyway - at least Cuthbert is back in.

And ToddisGod, by jings you have nailed being both tedious and repetitive.

What a channel BBC Alba is. We're truly blessed 

Spoiler

I'm all for a Gaelic channel. If you're going to do one have one that works and doesn't look like it was filmed on a rotten potato

15 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

So it's looking like England could be coming to Hampden needing a win for Team GB to make the Olympics. I can see some serious objections from the Netherlands and Belgium in that scenario.

Good all the more reason to beat the b*****ds

We showed some brief glimmers of hope for a few games early this year, but after watching that tonight, I'm back to my original belief that Pedro is not the man for the job. We've really regressed under his stewardship. Shoehorning Corsie into midfield is the latest in a string of baffling team selections. As far as I'm aware, Sam Kerr is not injured, so I have no idea why she wasn't in the squad for these games. The fact that he's just signed a new deal will mean he's not going anywhere any time soon, but I think a change of manager is required for us to move forward.