Nations League

Does anyone actually believe is was the right decision to extend Losa’s contract? 
I was amazed at that given that I see very little to suggest that our team is performing to the level it should. One decent losing display against England isn’t enough for me….

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Does anyone actually believe is was the right decision to extend Losa’s contract? 
I was amazed at that given that I see very little to suggest that our team is performing to the level it should. One decent losing display against England isn’t enough for me….

Nope, I've been far from convinced by him from the start. He's made some baffling decisions. And while it's been better recently (this window excluded) I'd not have given him the extension.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Just long enough, great work by the fourth official. 😆

Nah, we needed to win this one. Pleased that we got something but a below par performance against the one team we had a chance to finish above…..

Edited by roman_bairn

56 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Nah, we needed to win this one. Pleased that we got something but a below par performance against the one team we had a chance to finish above…..

I don't think there's much between these teams. But we have to improve massively.

I think PML is technically a poor manager. Both tonight and on Friday, there's no evidence of an actual plan for playing from the keeper. Split centre halves beside the keeper then... what? Rotations are the bread and butter of coaching and I don't see the plan. I couldn't see what we were trying to do with attacking set pieces either. We were well set up to absorb pressure against England and we carried a growing threat as the game went on, but apart from that, I don't see a manager at work, I see some structure and then players figuring it out on the pitch.

Belgium are ranked above us, have some proper goal scorers, beat the Netherland on Friday and have a much better record than us in recent years so I'd have taken 1-1 before the game. But it looked like we have better players than them and should be beating them.

And Claire Emslie is where promising attacks go to die.

Still, always fun to get a last minute equaliser. 

With regard to the final ball, our best delivery into the box came from our keeper in the last ten seconds of play. Speaks volumes.

Agree about Emslie. She used to bring a real energy and purpose to the team but she's now the fast track to lost possession.

First competitive Scotland game. I won't count the Scotland v Scotland B exhibition game played before a League Cup Final 45 years ago.

Got a 3 game package as a gift, 2 tickets per game. Although didn't realise they were in the Tartan Army disabled section. Basically the poorest viewing area in the entire stadium. Hey you've a disability for life, no problem, here's the crappiest seats we could find in Scotland. Maybe Bonnie the mascot will clap you on the head and give you tips on how to fill in your new PIP form (Scottish version)

Anyway, I've got two tickets so will ask around my 2 mates if any of them are interested in going to 3 Scotland games on a freebie, btw says me, one of them is against England. Yeh great brilliant, hold on didn't we just play England at Hampden? Obviously i need to say the dreaded words "Wummins fitba". So that's them out. So then ask the spinster along the street who's recently retired from teaching through ill health, at least that would cover the disabled part rather than go down the "all disabilities aren't obvious, you know" route.

So off we go to Hampden via a pizza place in town, down £40.

Get to Hampden to find the average age is about 12. That's the supporters not the players.

Guessing the crowd was about 5000 spread out all over the South Stand.

I'll not mention the non accompanied female street urchin aged about 9 who proceeded to sit in a couple of seats along and kick the seat in front for 30 minutes. My retired spinster teacher friend said nothing. Guess the old teachers never recovered from being disarmed of their Lochgelly's.

The game, no idea, the view was pitch level and the Big screens don't show the game. 

We left 15 minutes before the end and i stopped a taxi in Mount Florida. Gave the driver 21 coins.

And the retired teacher asked when the next game was.

5 hours ago, PossilYM said:

First competitive Scotland game. I won't count the Scotland v Scotland B exhibition game played before a League Cup Final 45 years ago.

Got a 3 game package as a gift, 2 tickets per game. Although didn't realise they were in the Tartan Army disabled section. Basically the poorest viewing area in the entire stadium. Hey you've a disability for life, no problem, here's the crappiest seats we could find in Scotland. Maybe Bonnie the mascot will clap you on the head and give you tips on how to fill in your new PIP form (Scottish version)

Anyway, I've got two tickets so will ask around my 2 mates if any of them are interested in going to 3 Scotland games on a freebie, btw says me, one of them is against England. Yeh great brilliant, hold on didn't we just play England at Hampden? Obviously i need to say the dreaded words "Wummins fitba". So that's them out. So then ask the spinster along the street who's recently retired from teaching through ill health, at least that would cover the disabled part rather than go down the "all disabilities aren't obvious, you know" route.

So off we go to Hampden via a pizza place in town, down £40.

Get to Hampden to find the average age is about 12. That's the supporters not the players.

Guessing the crowd was about 5000 spread out all over the South Stand.

I'll not mention the non accompanied female street urchin aged about 9 who proceeded to sit in a couple of seats along and kick the seat in front for 30 minutes. My retired spinster teacher friend said nothing. Guess the old teachers never recovered from being disarmed of their Lochgelly's.

The game, no idea, the view was pitch level and the Big screens don't show the game. 

We left 15 minutes before the end and i stopped a taxi in Mount Florida. Gave the driver 21 coins.

And the retired teacher asked when the next game was.

Sounds like you had the fool Hampden experience.

I was really surprised how low the attendance was last night.

It was announced as just over 7,000 if I remember correctly.

I got an email from the SSC earlier in the day which mentioned that tickets were still available, so out of curiosity I had taken a look to see that there were only a few odd seats in each of the sections that were open. They had even opened the upper tier of the South stand.

However, there were plenty of empty seats around me, and throughout the stand as far as I could see. Possibly the weather had an impact, but I can't imagine it would have put off that many who had already got tickets (even if many if them got their tickets free).