The Playoffs - Round 1. Jags v Spiders

8 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Liam still has a year left on his contract.  He appears to be fit but isn't even a sub these days. I wonder why?

Been linked with EK and Kelty over the last week. Think he’s had some off field issues this season but it’s a shame how it’s panned out for him. He absolutely has the ability to play in the championship but needs regular game time at this stage in his career to do so and I can’t see it happening at QP in all honesty. 

I know P4 has never won the playoffs, but I don’t P2-P4 have ever been this closely matched before (indeed, P2-P6). So think any of the three teams could get to the final. 

of course, the same logic that P2-P6 are evenly matched probably also means that the finalist will be bodied by whoever finishes 11th in the Prem. 

1 hour ago, harlowspider said:

Actually Liam Brown would have been good in that slot.

Nah. His biggest downfall imho was his lack of forward drives. We don’t need anymore sidepassers. Like McPake, a fast winger getting a 1v1 on the wing on Friday and he shat himself and ran straight across the pitch desperately looking for someone to take it off him. 

Davidson’s made a good impact as a sub in the holding pair when Thomson has been injured but it would be good to see him in the front three. His attack game was also better than defending when he steps into right back. Also has a physical aspect which would weaken opponents for either Jarrett or Williamson coming on as subs.

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

I can't make it either and to be honest, I'm kind of resigned to another season in the Championship. I obviously want us to win every game we play in but, given that I don't think we have much chance of winning over the course of 6 games, I'd almost like to be put out of my misery now.

Of course if we play you off the park tonight & score a hatful of goals, I reserve the right to change my view entirely.

Hope its as good as Friday's game.

0-0 draw all but guaranteed now.

When Gus got us up, if Annan had scored just one more goal we’d have missed the playoffs. Then in the finals we won and lost a game each in both rounds. Never say never.

4 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

How much are we realistically getting for two extra legs from BBC Scotland? Split between the clubs must be so negligible as to be pointless. Eliminator games would be a much better draw for TV too. It's a crap format. 

We dont get anything from bbc Scotland for showing these playoffs on the tv.  The money is split between the 42 clubs

6 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

With Celtic winning the league does that guarantee you a place in Europe?

I'm not sure how it works as there has been debate on the issue, I thought that instead of us it goes to the 3rd placed PL team but it has been argued that is half right.

I haven't really gone into it as the money we earn will be far more useful in rebuilding our team as many of them are out of contract at the end of May, and bringing in a new experienced manager and his staff.

Our last foray in Europe cost us as would any further visit so I would rather use the money wisely and I'm sure many other fans would think the same. Their is no glory in the lower reaches of European football.