The Playoffs - Round 1. Jags v Spiders

After the disappointment of last night, I really can't be fucked with this.

Even with a "favourable" playoff lineup, starting with a team who have been on a dreadful run of form for the past couple of months, these playoffs feel more like prolonging the inevitable for us. This team just isn't getting promoted.

On the one hand, QP don't seem to have a functioning defence going by last night's skelping and if we were to win this tie, Ayr aren't exactly a frightening prospect.

On the other hand, 4th never goes up and we really blew things last night - a draw was a pisspoor result against a bare-bones team with almost no sub options and nothing to play for.

Overall, a massive meh to have scraped a lowly 4th, although it could even have ended up worse last night.

Edited by VictorOnopko

I fancy Partick to win. Coyle looked broken at full time last night so f**k knows how he’ll pick his players up to get through two legs here. 

I’m really not arsed who wins so long as there are quite literally hunners of sending offs and injuries.

53 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

4th placed team having never won a tie in the Premiership playoffs and us up against Owen Coyle in a playoff. What can go wrong?

I think this hoodoo will be broken this set of matches. Partick are a better team than Glasgow Gretna.

Not a lot between the teams and probably in a similar physical state, so could come down to mentality. QP appear broken, with last night's loss capping an awful run of form.

Hard to say what was the issue with Thistle last night. However, it was a scenario that's played out this season. Start well, score or go close then fall into ourselves and allow the other side to adjust and get a foothold on the game.

Anyone's tie to win. Would be good to get a shot at Ayr but a potential 3 ties is a big ask. The club haven't had a full week off since last June, apparently.

It would be nice if we could end the 4th place hoodoo but as others have said, this team isn't going up, last night's performance against a team with one sub and nothing to play for demonstrated why. 

In fact the only scenario I can see the top flight team losing is if St Johnstone continue their Hibs 2014 tribute and end up in 11th without winning a further game. 

I thought Boateng looked disinterested last night - it may have a lot to do with Coyle's tactics of just missing the midfield out 90% of the game. If his head isn't in it Patrick have a great chance.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Firhill on Tuesday 9th, Ochilview on Friday 12th.

2 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

You must have had a good night! It's Saturday 6 May.

Someone has anyway!

To break the 4th place hoodoo and ultimately relegate Killie on a scorching Sunday afternoon is the dream ticket here.

In the shorter term, my biggest worry is getting a ticket for next Friday as a non season ticket holder if Queens come the c**t again like they did with Dundee.

25 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

To break the 4th place hoodoo and ultimately relegate Killie on a scorching Sunday afternoon is the dream ticket here.

In the shorter term, my biggest worry is getting a ticket for next Friday as a non season ticket holder if Queens come the c**t again like they did with Dundee.

Cuntz are gonna c**t it. 

They’re terrified of big crowds.