Annan vs Dumbarton, Dumbarton vs Annan

Final outcome  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Final outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/23 at 18:45

Every single one of those players and the entire management team should hang their heads in shame. A complete embarassment from start to finish and if it was up to me I’d bin the lot of them at 5pm on Saturday. That is without a doubt the most pathetic Sons performance I have ever had the displeasure of watching. 

I sincerely hope everyone votes with their feet on Saturday and bins off any notion of attending. This board and manager do not deserve our support and the clueless board members should be hounded out the door for offering this fraud of a manager a new deal. For anyone in any doubt about the managers ability, this is our form since the start of February…

7D238D58-925C-440E-B3EC-16DBA6B589F7.thumb.jpeg.482f4c934305afdf1f3929d6da2aec93.jpeg

Sack the board, sack the manager and rip up all the pre contracts signed by this absolute gang of players.

22 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

I’m phoning first thing tomorrow to request a refund on my season ticket renewal. Disgrace!

Dry your eyes. We all support shite teams. Get over it. 

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Every single one of those players and the entire management team should hang their heads in shame. A complete embarassment from start to finish and if it was up to me I’d bin the lot of them at 5pm on Saturday. That is without a doubt the most pathetic Sons performance I have ever had the displeasure of watching. 

I sincerely hope everyone votes with their feet on Saturday and bins off any notion of attending. This board and manager do not deserve our support and the clueless board members should be hounded out the door for offering this fraud of a manager a new deal. For anyone in any doubt about the managers ability, this is our form since the start of February…

7D238D58-925C-440E-B3EC-16DBA6B589F7.thumb.jpeg.482f4c934305afdf1f3929d6da2aec93.jpeg

Sack the board, sack the manager and rip up all the pre contracts signed by this absolute gang of players.

Lovely stuff

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If it's not the worst display I've seen from a Sons team then it's certainly on a shortlist.  All I ever ask is for the side to compete fully, but from the first whistle there was a complete lack of confidence and belief across the park, so much so that it was actually difficult at times to gauge the Annan performance - it was good by the way, everything you would want from a side playing in a promotion play-off.

Contrast the levels of energy and spirit in the home team with our guys, many of whom looked as if they would rather have been somewhere else.  Never mind the gulf in the quality of football.  There are reasons for this, and they have been hiding in plain sight for too long now.  Wee adopted a one-size-fits-all tactical approach built on defence from August onwards and whilst we got off to a flyer many of us worried it couldn't last.

And it didn't.  And despite several instances of the wheels coming off we ploughed on regardless.  And here we are tonight, shot through and desperate for this Saturday's final whistle.  What a grim end to the season.

I’m not sure I’m actually going to bother coming. Might see if I can get a voucher for the train to use at a later date.

Nothing really to say after that. I’m not even angry now, it’s gone past that.

Edited by FifeSons

6 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

So sorry for Dumbarton fans, this couldn't have gone worse for them.  There's no way back from this, so nothing left but to congratulate Annan  and wish them luck in their battle for promotion.

No worries WC, these play-offs were always going to be a Lose/Lose situation for us.

I can’t help but feel that we’ve got exactly what we deserved from this season. Nothing.

We were the most uninspiring runaway league leaders I can remember. At least the infamous Morton team had an alleged betting scandal…

If there was ever a game to refund the fans, this is it. It wouldn’t take much amongst the whole playing squad and staff. You’ll get c***s saying that’s ridiculous, but I think it’s the right thing to do.

I take absolutely nothing away from Annan. Well played you ripped us a new one and thankfully took your foot off the gas or it could have easily been double figures.

What a complete and utter joke Farrell is. Found out yet again tactically, there was no sense to his 20min subs and bringing on rusty to punt long balls is absolutely amateur stuff at best.

instead of shake hands with the ref and down the tunnel he has the balls to walk over a clap that’s fans. Give me a break. What a complete moron.

I hope Annan too got a post match interview from him. Can’t wait to here the drivel he comes out with.

2 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

I had hoped I'd seen the end of woeful performances on Pixellot but here we are 

Hold on a minute, at least Pixellot turned up tonight 🤣 You can’t blame the camera for what you saw 🤣

1 minute ago, athletic 1 said:

Hold on a minute, at least Pixellot turned up tonight 🤣 You can’t blame the camera for what you saw 🤣

Wish I hadn't seen anything to be honest. 

It was just giving me PTSD flashbacks to the covid era that was all. 

12 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

What a complete and utter joke Farrell is. Found out yet again tactically, there was no sense to his 20min subs and bringing on rusty to punt long balls is absolutely amateur stuff at best.

The only good thing he done all night was hook that shitebag Wylde after 25 minutes. It’s absolutely hilarious he deemed him worthy of a new deal and even more hilarious that he deems him captain material when Buchanan isn’t playing. Imagine making a guy who’s scared to go into a 50/50 your captain. 

Pathetic performance...I can't see any future for Farrell at Dumbarton after tonight...there did not appear to be any game plan...I would love to know what it was...lump the ball forward and hope for the best???

I know the back 4 will be slaughtered but when we keep letting teams come onto us and put cross after cross in... what do we expect to happen?

Fair play to Annan...it could have been a lot worse than 6 and they thoroughly deserved that victory

No intention of going on Saturday 

If anyone fancies trying their hand at commentary and writing a match report on Saturday then please slide into my DMs. Because there are about a million things I'd rather be doing.

I've nothing but admiration/pity for anyone actually turning up and paying good money to watch a game we'll start 6-0 down.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If anyone fancies trying their hand at commentary and writing a match report on Saturday then please slide into my DMs. Because there are about a million things I'd rather be doing.

I've nothing but admiration/pity for anyone actually turning up and paying good money to watch a game we'll start 6-0 down.

Did he give an interview, Jan?