SPFL League 1 Play Off Semi Final: East Fife v Clyde/Clyde v East Fife

A fair few gutsy individual displays - Roberts and Sula especially, absolute titans - but that was awful in the main. We managed the game pretty well after the sending off (what a moment of madness that was) but reverted to type a bit after scoring until Roberts took it by the scruff of the neck in the dying embers. I think we will match up better against Annan than the threat that East Fife posed us in the first half tonight, especially, but we will have to be miles better than we were tonight to stand a chance. Hopefully the walking wounded all recover in time for Tuesday.

Commiserations to East Fife, a decent side and a much better footballing one than ourselves who will be kicking themselves about not scoring more than one before half time. Healy ran that game before we finally got some support on for Craig, and even after that still roasted him a few times. A great wee player and you'll do well to hold on to him.

EF started off really well and dominated the midfield, scoring a well worked and well taken goal. Thereafter they had a few more chances to increase their lead but thanks to a fantastic save from Mullen and poor finishing and back luck Clyde managed to play the first half out with no further set backs. In the 2nd half, I thought EF sat too deep allowing Clyde to come more and more into the game, the second yellow for Shepherd was probably deserved, his first yellow dubious. Thereafter it was backs to the wall with outstanding displays from Page and Quinn, neither of whom has had game time recently.  The equaliser was on the cards but hats off to the fighting display from this young team.. all the players gave their all and made the supporters proud.

Rueing our missed chances in the first half, we should have had the game out of sight by halftime!!!

Clyde only really threatened our goal continuously once we were down to 10 men and deservedly equalised after a spell of pressure, a bit of luck the ball coming off the post and straight to Rennie but he was in the right place at the right time, a different story if we had 11 men on the park I think!!!

see you next season!!!😉

5 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I think we will match up better against Annan than the threat that East Fife posed us in the first half tonight, especially, but we will have to be miles better than we were tonight to stand a chance. 

We don't have the ability to be miles better. Without the sending off we would have been relegated tonight. 

I suspect Annan will need to be reduced to nine men for us to stand a chance.

4 minutes ago, Exiled Fifer said:

Thereafter they had a few more chances to increase their lead but thanks to a fantastic save from Mullen and poor finishing and back luck Clyde managed to play the first half out with no further set backs. 

The save from Mullen was incredible. I was right in line with the cracking shot and watched it swerve and dip. Parry would've still been adjusting his feet as the ball hit the net.

Commiserations to East Fife. Good footballing team that played football in a manner Dinosaur Duffy's teams never do.