Alloa v Hamilton & Hamilton v Alloa

That was an excellent effort from Alloa in the circumstances. Obviously missing a number of players then lost another couple through the game but a very spirited display and merited the win. Think the effort off the bar just after our goal was Hamilton's only real clear chance. We might even have added another in the second half. 

Real team effort but have to say Devine was one selection I wondered about tonight and he ended up playing very well indeed. Cawley and Taggart also brought a lot of composure and while we probably had to bring on Donnelly much earlier than planned, he put in a shift and caused a lot of bother. Could go through them all though, everyone really stood up on a tough night and players and management deserve every credit. 

Still a big ask for Saturday and would be a massive help if we could get a player or two back. However poor Accies were tonight I'd probably still make them favourites overall but great to be going down there very much in the tie. 

Hope Adam King is ok, very worrying initially to see him go down like that. 

I heard that Scougall may be back for saturday , I think he would give the Accies a torrid time  .

I would have taken a draw tonight with our injuries but well done to them , Coulson was man of the match for me .

Edited by Vegetableman

Thought Devine instead of Andy was a poor call from Rice when I seen the lineup but he absolutely stood up tonight, particularly in the 2nd half. Criticised Coulson on the podcast for being poor on Saturday but that was an outstanding display from him this evening. 

Not a failure across the team tonight and they put in a real shift. 

Thought Accies were poor first half but looked a lot better after the break. Looked a threat on the break, especially down their right hand side, but will be disappointed that they didn’t really create much in the way of clear cut chances. 

Fingers crossed Kingy is ok, horrible seeing a player go down like that. 

Tie is completely in the balance going in to Saturday. As others have said, we could really do with some of the guys who are missing being available for Saturday, Scougall especially, as we are now so threadbare throughout but most notably in midfield. 

A tight game which we probably deserved to win, pleased with the effort put in but we might struggle to get a team together for Saturday the way things are going with injuries.

I'm hoping Adam King's okay, it was a worry to see a player collapse in that manner.

Edited by Sixtyten

27 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

@Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) remember and get everyone on the supporters bus to bring their boots and shinnies on Saturday just in case!

😁 I'll bring mine, m8. I'm 63 with two dodgy knees a bad back, but f*** it, I'm in! 😊

You and @Waspie have summed up the game pretty well. Thought it was a tremendous effort from a depleted squad tonight; no failures and everyone giving 100 %. Some shifts from LD, Devine (agree he was outstanding) and others who don't have a lot of game time.

Hopefully Durnan and Scougs are available on Saturday; that would make a huge difference IMO. 

Really enjoyed the game. The dream is still on here, especially with the Falkirk result. 

54 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Excellent videos. Scott Martin vs his own team's fans was some prime comedy, I must admit. Interesting to hear such anticipation of Strachan's set pieces and throw-ins, but I remember him having plenty of assists last season with Forfar from corners. Reckon he's found his level at League One? Seems a decent wee player, but just never came close to breaking into our team like his fellow youth players.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

8 hours ago, Waspie said:

That was an excellent effort from Alloa in the circumstances. Obviously missing a number of players then lost another couple through the game but a very spirited display and merited the win. Think the effort off the bar just after our goal was Hamilton's only real clear chance. We might even have added another in the second half. 

Real team effort but have to say Devine was one selection I wondered about tonight and he ended up playing very well indeed. Cawley and Taggart also brought a lot of composure and while we probably had to bring on Donnelly much earlier than planned, he put in a shift and caused a lot of bother. Could go through them all though, everyone really stood up on a tough night and players and management deserve every credit. 

Still a big ask for Saturday and would be a massive help if we could get a player or two back. However poor Accies were tonight I'd probably still make them favourites overall but great to be going down there very much in the tie. 

Hope Adam King is ok, very worrying initially to see him go down like that. 

We have been like that all.season bar 1 month and will be the same on Saturday. 

I have been critical of Brian Rice and his baffling decisions this season, but fair play to him last night, multiple injuries before and during the game, but the shape of the team still looked good.

Hope Adam King is okay after his collapse on the pitch.

Thought Devine and Coulson were our best two players last night but the whole team deserves praise.

Will be a difficult game on Saturday but didn't see anything from Hamilton last night to suggest we don't have a real chance.

Edited by Magic Hat

Thought we definitely could’ve done more with the ball last night, but outside of a couple of hairy moments we were excellent at the back. Devine in particular was great and as much as Taggart wasn’t as sharp as he has been, just having him back in was a huge bonus. Thought O’Donnell did well when he came on as well.

Could badly do with a couple of players back but we’ve given ourselves a great chance.

10 hours ago, accies1874 said:

When you've got one of your best players losing the rag at the fans during a play-off semi, I think it's just time to accept your fate. 

Seen that on the highlights. Looked like he had absolutely nothing ahead of him and was trying to find a pass, looked like he couldn’t have really done anything but fans obviously went mental at him. Weird mentality to have, we’ve been as bad as you this year but not ever seen a fan or fans lose the plot at the players at a game. Every single video Only Accies puts up fans always seem to be booing players / management. What’s the point.. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Also wanted to say, kudos to Ross McIver filing in on the left of the midfield three when Adam King went off. Did just fine there.

I thought Cammy O'Donnell was the obvious sub to come on for that position, but Brian Rice surprised me again. 😀

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seen that on the highlights. Looked like he had absolutely nothing ahead of him and was trying to find a pass, looked like he couldn’t have really done anything but fans obviously went mental at him. Weird mentality to have, we’ve been as bad as you this year but not ever seen a fan or fans lose the plot at the players at a game. Every single video Only Accies puts up fans always seem to be booing players / management. What’s the point.. 

If he had any ability at all he could have passed to Winter. He doesnt so got caught in possession. 

Apart from a mad 5 game spell in Jan/Feb Accies have played 32 league/play off games and won 3 - maybe that tells you why the fans are frustrated.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No one was booing him when he was running forward, if anything fans tried to give him a man on warning as he had been dispossessed under very similar circumstances 5-10 minutes previously. He loses the ball when an easy forward pass to Winter was on and starts shouting at the fans.

Funnily enough do you not think the fans in these videos are booing because we haven’t won a game in months? Haven’t scored a goal from open play in about 10 games? And they’ve spent all season watching absolute dross from this team with an inept manager?

Sorry we aren’t all happy clappers like you with the 12 teams you support, but Arbroath clearly haven’t been ‘as bad as Accies this year’ or they wouldn’t haven’t finished above us would they?

The Accies fans in the main this season have given our worst team in 30 years tremendous encouragement with very little in return apart from a memorable Cup Final win.

Three years ago we were winning at Ibrox,easily dispatching Motherwell,drawing 2-2 at Tynecastle after playing 75 minutes with 10 men  etc etc and rarely has a Club witnessed such a staggering and swift decline in such a short period...all preventable.

Three home League wins all season-all via penalties, 10 Home League wins in the last 3 seasons and not 1 goal from open play in the last 12 games shows how low they have allowed this ship to sink.

Add in a Board of Directors who have always despised the fans,have allowed this club to turn into a shambles on and off the park and blame the fans  for our current predicament and not their poor running of the club and you have a cocktail which is toxic.

I was there in  the bad old homeless days and if we lose out on Saturday the atmosphere will be akin to then and really poisonous.

38 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

No one was booing him when he was running forward, if anything fans tried to give him a man on warning as he had been dispossessed under very similar circumstances 5-10 minutes previously. He loses the ball when an easy forward pass to Winter was on and starts shouting at the fans.

Funnily enough do you not think the fans in these videos are booing because we haven’t won a game in months? Haven’t scored a goal from open play in about 10 games? And they’ve spent all season watching absolute dross from this team with an inept manager?

Sorry we aren’t all happy clappers like you with the 12 teams you support, but Arbroath clearly haven’t been ‘as bad as Accies this year’ or they wouldn’t haven’t finished above us would they?

We have. There is a whole 3 points in it. Everything you’ve said applies to us. Still not seen a single moment close to anything I’ve seen in videos from Accies fans, not just Hamilton mind you but applies to football fans in general.

Completely defeats the purpose of ‘supporting’ a team when booing and shouting abuse etc has a detrimental effect on them. Teams would be better off playing infront of nobody than their own fans abusing them.

I don't think Accies fans are that much different from any other support in Scotland/UK/the world; the issue is that in the last eight-and-a-half seasons, we have been subjected to miserable football as the team just about scrapes by surviving with a couple of exceptions where we didn't and one exception where we reached the lofty heights of sixth in the second tier. Doing the bare minimum to survive isn't why you choose to start going to the football and it'll batter any support both in terms of numbers and mentality. 

I think we'd be able to ignore some of the club's/board's mental shenanigans if we were a competent side for once (although their shenanigans are a major contributing factor for us not being competent) like Dundee and Queen's Park are somewhat showing this season, but having people like Colin McGowan involved in a losing side isn't gonna unite fans in a positive sense and some of the bizarro social media antics are just more reason to feel a lack of positive connection to the club. Our one unequivocal success in recent years - the Challenge Cup win - was followed up with a 7-0 pumping. That sums it all up imo.