🔵⚪️St Johnstone v Motherwell🟢🟤 13/05/23 3pm

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

St Johnstone defender was two yards into the box regardless of where the goalie was.

The only way that can be penalised by VAR is if the player who is encroaching actually benefits from it (ie clears the ball). Drey Wright is the one who clears it after the save, and he's not in the box, so I think we can safely assume it has been given for the keeper.

I don't think the issue is with VAR here really. I thought at the time (via dodgy stream) he was off his line but was surprised it was given as such. I'm raging when it's given against us so I'm not gloating when it's given for us. But it was the correct decision. And it's not VAR's fault, they just take 10mins to draw a line...

The real issue is, it's a stupid fucking rule in the first place. Scrap it and get back to wobbly legs and jumping about like a dafty to put the other guy off. I blame the IFAB.

Motherwell and Kilmarnock fans giving a nice example of why VAR is allowed to continue existing.

Decisions go against them - Moan like f**k

Decisions are favourable - Stop moaning, the same happened to us last week

Just completely missing the point.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

VAR just needs binned completely.

Nah, each side can get one appeal per game (or half, at most) like tennis and it can be used if they feel they have had an absolute stinker against them...time limit for the review of 1-2 minutes, done.

That's option A.

Option B would bin it completely.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

Nah, each side can get one appeal per game (or half, at most) like tennis and it can be used if they feel they have had an absolute stinker against them...time limit for the review of 1-2 minutes, done.

No, just bin it.

You see some absolutely dogshit decisions even when VAR has reviewed things so lets just skip the 5 minute pantomime before they confirm the shit decision and get on with the game.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

No, just bin it.

You see some absolutely dogshit decisions even when VAR has reviewed things so lets just skip the 5 minute pantomime before they confirm the shit decision and get on with the game.

There wouldn't be a five minute pantomime if you're only correcting howlers because it'll be obvious and fixed or not obvious and rejected.

12 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

There wouldn't be a five minute pantomime if you're only correcting howlers because it'll be obvious and fixed or not obvious and rejected.

What? Have you paid attention to anything in the past year?

This was given as a red by the ref, and after a VAR review.

Its a farce, and folk like you trying to justify it are absolutely part of the problem.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What? Have you paid attention to anything in the past year?

This was given as a red by the ref, and after a VAR review.

Its a farce, and folk like you trying to justify it are absolutely part of the problem.

You're clearly going to get the odd horror show (it's still a human system after all) but the question is will there be more or less screaming injustices with some manner of safety net. And I don't think there's any doubt about that.

Edited by Handsome_Devil
Typo

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

You're clearly going to get the odd horror show (it's still a human system after all) but the question is will there be more or less screaming injustices with some manner of safety net. And I don't think there's any doubt about that.

Ill take that as a yes, to the not paying attention over the past year.

7 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Given the number of dubious decisions you lot have had against us this season. Sorry, but no sympathy. Karma, as they say, but no doubt you’ll get another dodgy decision in your favour next week.

Youre getting a 3rd home game against a relegation rival, maybe Kilmarnock fans should stop this "woe is me" bullshit.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

I'll take it you've not been paying attention to all the clear errors it's fixed over the past year.

Youll have to point them out, aye.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youll have to point them out, aye.

Just yesterday the United and Killie penalties were blatant errors (according to the current rules - different debate). The players appealed massively and the mistake was clear on video inside 30 seconds.

I stand firm on my stance for VAR; I simply don't care enough for it to exist. Football is 22 folk running about, and a game. 

Good to win, rarely bothers me beyond the walk back to the car if we lose. 

Weirdly, feel like we've benefited more than we've lost out, but that might just be recency bias. Regardless, get it to f**k, who needs it.

22 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Just yesterday the United and Killie penalties were blatant errors (according to the current rules - different debate). The players appealed massively and the mistake was clear on video inside 30 seconds.

😂 both of those penalties are only penalties because VAR exists.

They literally changed the laws of the game to try and help justify its existence, so now we have the farce of every single ball to hand situation being a penalty (apart from Considine punching the ball away obviously, which was obvious in real time never mind with VAR).

Its costing every team in the league 6 figures, and completely ruining the game for everyone apart from absolute oddballs who think its great decisions are being made over millimetres despite the fact its getting more wrong than right every week.

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

😂 both of those penalties are only penalties because VAR exists.

They literally changed the laws of the game to try and help justify its existence, so now we have the farce of every single ball to hand situation being a penalty (apart from Considine punching the ball away obviously, which was obvious in real time never mind with VAR).

Its costing every team in the league 6 figures, and completely ruining the game for everyone apart from absolute oddballs who think its great decisions are being made over millimetres despite the fact its getting more wrong than right every week.

You can complain about the handball rule all you like (and i suspect I'd agree with you) but that's a different matter.

Behiz saw the foul and was asking for it before the cross reached the middle of the box. It was 100% clear on first review and I assume was awarded with minimal fuss.

VAR right now is a total shitshow. Suggesting there's no use at all for video technology is equally daft imho.

Anyway, it's been a fun Sunday morning, I'm off to the zoo!

12 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

You can complain about the handball rule all you like (and i suspect I'd agree with you) but that's a different matter.

Behiz saw the foul and was asking for it before the cross reached the middle of the box. It was 100% clear on first review and I assume was awarded with minimal fuss.

VAR right now is a total shitshow.

The handball rule is fucked because of VAR.

Players claim for penalties even when nothing happens.

Glad you agree VAR is a farce. It needs gone, as it won't improve. Its been used in Germany and Italy for years and is still shit, our part time school teacher refs arent sussing it out.