Chumps v Champs

19 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I love how annoyed some people are that this man is turning out to be class. 

This game was fun of course and I'll enjoy this next week even though it was obviously too little too late. 

Promising going forward that Raskin, Yilmaz, Souttar, Cantwell and McCrorie all played well. Add in better wingers and a clinical mobile striker and we're looking not too shabby. 

Forget talk about hoping Ange gets poached I'm hoping someone signs CCV because imo he is crucial for celtic. 

You need him to turn up in games where the pressure is actually on and there is something at stake. In the games he has played where there has been he hasn’t had that impact so time will tell.

I agree with you on CCV he is a monster however I think we will keep him next season thankfully, I’m not sure too many will take a punt with him being out till August/September 

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You need him to turn up in games where the pressure is actually on and there is something at stake. In the games he has played where there has been he hasn’t had that impact so time will tell.

I agree with you on CCV he is a monster however I think we will keep him next season thankfully, I’m not sure too many will take a punt with him being out till August/September 

This would be applicable if the team had done relatively well and he was an outlier by playing shite... He's played well against the diddies and looked class but then struggled when the whole team has struggled and been outplayed.

He was shit when we lost to you guys and then Aberdeen. Since then he's been man of the match against both you guys and Abedeen, scoring the only goal versus them and then the important goal against you guys whilst running rings round your midfield...

Even if the game today means f**k all to you guys (if you pretend enough) then you can surely at least appreciate there was a lot of pressure on the Rangers side today, even if no trophies were on the line it's beyond ridiculous to pretend this wasn't a high pressure game for the Rangers side. 

49 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I love how annoyed some people are that this man is turning out to be class. 

This game was fun of course and I'll enjoy this next week even though it was obviously too little too late. 

Promising going forward that Raskin, Yilmaz, Souttar, Cantwell and McCrorie all played well. Add in better wingers and a clinical mobile striker and we're looking not too shabby. 

Forget talk about hoping Ange gets poached I'm hoping someone signs CCV because imo he is crucial for celtic. 

Cute.
Come November, when Rangers are 5 points behind Celtic, Cantwell will be getting called all sorts.

3 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Cute.
Come November, when Rangers are 5 points behind Celtic, Cantwell will be getting called all sorts.

We're like 13 points behind right now and he's been class since he's joined and is still getting called all sorts so... 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Bit of deja vu here from 2019. 

Celtic with the league won and on course for a treble lose the dead rubber at Ibrox. Rangers fans full of bravado at winning said dead rubber predict big things for the following season.

Outcome of following season another Celtic treble.

Get your money on it now 

I’m just enjoying my day Jinky. And today, we pumped you.

37 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

This would be applicable if the team had done relatively well and he was an outlier by playing shite... He's played well against the diddies and looked class but then struggled when the whole team has struggled and been outplayed.

He was shit when we lost to you guys and then Aberdeen. Since then he's been man of the match against both you guys and Abedeen, scoring the only goal versus them and then the important goal against you guys whilst running rings round your midfield...

Even if the game today means f**k all to you guys (if you pretend enough) then you can surely at least appreciate there was a lot of pressure on the Rangers side today, even if no trophies were on the line it's beyond ridiculous to pretend this wasn't a high pressure game for the Rangers side. 

“He was shit when we lost to you guys and Aberdeen” 😂 You mean the games that had real consequences and pressure? 

The rest of your post is hyperbole. Tell me what the tangible consequence of Rangers loosing today was? Was there a trophy at stake? Were you at risk of dropping league places? Was there any likelihood your manager would get punted? The answer to all of those is no so what made it a high pressure game exactly?

The significance of the match was underpinned by both teams playing a number of players who wouldn’t start if there were high stakes so let’s not kid ourselves this is some momentum shift or that it’s indicative of anything to come however that also doesn’t mean you should enjoy it, again of course you should

Would I have preferred to have won the game? Yes of course that goes without saying however if there was any game against Rangers where we could afford to drop the ball, it’s this one

Edited by Jinky67

30 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

“He was shit when we lost to you guys and Aberdeen” 😂 You mean the games that had real consequences and pressure? 

The rest of your post is hyperbole. Tell me what the tangible consequence of Rangers loosing today was? Was there a trophy at stake? Were you at risk of dropping league places? Was there any likelihood your manager would get punted? The answer to all of those is no so what made it a high pressure game exactly?

The significance of the match was underpinned by both teams playing a number of players who wouldn’t start if there were high stakes so let’s not kid ourselves this is some momentum shift or that it’s indicative of anything to come however that also doesn’t mean you should enjoy it, again of course you should

Would I have preferred to have won the game? Yes of course that goes without saying however if there was any game against Rangers where we could afford to drop the ball, it’s this one

20220810_183751.jpg

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Mate your team lost today to a team that had Sakala and Matondo leading the line 😂

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Mate your team lost today to a team that had Sakala and Matondo leading the line 😂

Should keep you title race that mate 👍

Funny old game sometimes though isn’t it? I mean who have thought that Tony Ralston would become a more successful footballer than James Tavernier. 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Should keep you title race that mate 👍

Funny old game sometimes though isn’t it? I mean who have thought that Tony Ralston would become a more successful footballer than James Tavernier. 

😂😂😂

The positives from yesterday were McCrorie looking pretty assured as a keeper and someone that could actually get off their line in a hurry. Didn’t have too much to do but made a good save from Oh shortly after half time.

Souttar seemed solid and popped the ball into Raskin and Jack quite comfortably.

Ridvan was okay although you notice the drop off in the quality of delivery between him and Barisic.

Cantwell was a different level though. Shat on McGregor who seemed to have his worst game I can remember watching. Made it look pretty easy. More of that please.

ETA: Raskin was also pretty decent to be fair to him. Broke up so many attacks and got us on the front foot.

Edited by AJF

12 hours ago, RuMoore said:

This is absolutely spot on. CCV completely changes that Celtic back line if he plays yesterday. He is calm and composed and doesn’t give up anywhere near the amount of chances Celtic did yesterday. Get him poached. 

Remember last week Jinky was going on and on about Ralston as if he was some sort of world beater, wonder if opinions have changed.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Remember last week Jinky was going on and on about Ralston as if he was some sort of world beater, wonder if opinions have changed.

I said he was a world beater? Please go find me that post 🤣

Edited by Jinky67

11 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Cute.

That's sweet.

15 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Most successful = most major trophies. It’s on your wall at Ibrox after all and as a man who deals only in facts I’m sure you agree 😉

I’m just laughing at your obsession with Tavernier. Even after yesterdays pumping you’re still persisting.

Edited by AJF