Ted Lasso

naegoodinthedark

On a tangent.. Brett Goldstein gets most of the cast onto his film podcast over the last few years. Some, like those who play Trent, Sam and Beard are incredibly similar to their characters. What a shock with Phil Dunster (Jamie). I know it’s acting but it’s so weird to find out he’s this very reserved middle class Home Counties type.

Maybe I’m the wrong demographic, being quite an auld c**t. I enjoyed the first series but mainly carried on with it as I had a 3 month free trial, hoping each time for some fitba content. I forgot that the last episode was last week and so Apple have just taken £6.99 off me by dd, serves me right😂

I thought in series 2/3 the episodes were a bit formulaic, ticking boxes such as bullying in the workplace, coming out, broken families. 
I have to say I liked Ted, Coach Beard, and especially Roy Fucking Kent! Also Jamie Tartt grew on me a lot towards the end. Most of the others were just stereotypes who got on my tits.
I found Crimm really creepy, it took a wee while to recognise him from Teachers on Channel 4 way back. Also Anthony Head as Rupert Mannion who was another creep in a coffee ad back in the day. I never liked Patrick Baladi either, since he was in The Office. Nate was just a whiny wee p***k, and there was something about the pub landlady I found really irritating. Same with the psychologist wifey, and the wee wanks in the pub, why didn’t they actually make the games?
Nice that the last episode signed off with The Flaming Lips 😎

Edited by The Mantis

On 01/06/2023 at 20:01, The Naitch said:

P&B in a nutshell.

I really liked the last episode. Tied everything up nicely and I might have had something in my eye by the end.

It does well for Apple so wouldn't surprise me if it comes back at some point but I'm hoping they leave it at that.

As someone else said, the hint at the end about a women's team.

Ted's Lassies.

Really enjoyed it, Series 3 was definitely the weakest of the three, with the whole Zava plotline felt like a bit of a waste. 

On the whole, it's a bit twee as others have pointed out, but not everything is Line of Duty or Succession.

I see that Apple are already hinting at a spin-off featuring Beard, Nate and Kent.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/06/2023 at 20:01, The Naitch said:

P&B in a nutshell.

I really liked the last episode. Tied everything up nicely and I might have had something in my eye by the end.

It does well for Apple so wouldn't surprise me if it comes back at some point but I'm hoping they leave it at that.

My final thoughts are that I really enjoyed series 1. Series 2 a bit less and series 3 was the weakest although the Amsterdam episode was terrific. I'm certanly no prude by any means but did find certain scenes where Roy Kent would be effing and blinding in front of young children a bit uncomfortable. It didn't seem to fit with the general themes of goody goody characters and lightweight 'inclusive' storylines suited for American audiences. Having said that i'm glad I stuck with it but not fussed if that's the end.

• 4 months later...

Season 3 is doing my tits in so far. Get promoted and buy one player (despite how much he is probably costing it’s 1 player ffs). Go from 2nd in the league to 7th on a bad run granted and they are talking about sacking the manager. Even Rebecca and Leslie are considering it. Get yourselves to f**k. That is a cracking season so far for a team like Richmond. 

I had to get that off my chest 

Edited by diamond_for_life