Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not upset. Don't know if i should be, but initial feeling is decent.

Assistant manager.

Don't get me wrong, it's a step up from hiring someone with absolutely zero experience but this is a pretty abysmal standard they've set.

I hope he's ready.

12 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Imagine Dundee being eternally shite but your manager still dropping his drawers for them at a coffee invite. 

I bet he wanders around Starks letting everyone just smell the big city smell off him. The people of *checks notes* Kurkildy(?) staring up at Murray like some sort of demi-god because he managed to escape Fife - no matter how short a time for.

I feel for Murray. He'll still get statues erected of him for attempting to better himself but he's just not for us.

Yet you appoint an assistant manager who clearly must be a cheap option. Rather have Murray than a poor assistant manager who will be sacked by Christmas. 

It ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Not the usual merry-go-round candidate. Has a lot of experience in the game. Well respected. Left field appointment. 

I mean, the fact that he's never been a manager before is obviously a concern but considering the names touted, I'm reasonably happy.

For those that want to put a negative spin on it, like the Raith slabber above that is raging we didn't take Ian Murray, then he'll be portrayed as just the guy that placed the cones and handed out the bibs for Derek McInnes.

For those that want to put a positive spin on it, he'll get viewed as the brains behind Derek McInnes.

Only one way we'll find out but overall, I'd prefer the previous manager, but out of the candidates mentioned, I'm quite happy with this one.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Not the usual merry-go-round candidate. Has a lot of experience in the game. Well respected. Left field appointment. 

I mean, the fact that he's never been a manager before is obviously a concern but considering the names touted, I'm reasonably happy.

For those that want to put a negative spin on it, like the Raith slabber above that is raging we didn't take Ian Murray, then he'll be portrayed as just the guy that placed the cones and handed out the bibs for Derek McInnes.

For those that want to put a positive spin on it, he'll get viewed as the brains behind Derek McInnes.

Only one way we'll find out but overall, I'd prefer the previous manager, but out of the candidates mentioned, I'm quite happy with this one.

Having an experienced assistant is a must now.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh