Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Now happening on the Saturday night at Claggan Park.

Hahaha!!!!

Clydebank done some serious back tracking there.

Good to see common sense applied, but should never have reached that point.

Edited by Steven W

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Moving a Scottish Cup game to a Sunday isn't exactly uncommon, surprised Clydebank said no to that, given they must have known that it was going to be somewhere further away if it stayed on the Saturday. I wonder if they were hoping they'd be able to get it played at home instead.

Clydebank didn't just say no to that and had no intention of playing it at Holm Park as it was now unavailable. We would have had first dibs had we been drawn at home.

As I've said elsewhere, I am reliably informed that Fort William stated they didn't want the Sunday as the Old Firm game would hit the gate and the park would be a mess after the event. To then suggest the Saturday night then seemed daft as surely the park would be in a mess from the event anyway? Only after announcing Golspie was it put out that the event didn't actually use the playing surface and I guess this is why it's been changed back again.

It's crazy that after all the years of bullshit from Fort William that all of a sudden people believe they are telling the truth on all matters.

45 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Clydebank didn't just say no to that and had no intention of playing it at Holm Park as it was now unavailable. We would have had first dibs had we been drawn at home.

As I've said elsewhere, I am reliably informed that Fort William stated they didn't want the Sunday as the Old Firm game would hit the gate and the park would be a mess after the event. To then suggest the Saturday night then seemed daft as surely the park would be in a mess from the event anyway? Only after announcing Golspie was it put out that the event didn't actually use the playing surface and I guess this is why it's been changed back again.

It's crazy that after all the years of bullshit from Fort William that all of a sudden people believe they are telling the truth on all matters.

Playing at Holm Park was never an option as the SFA dont allow reversal of fixtures. That statement was just total nonsense in the first place. Anyway - it's being played at the correct venue at a slightly better time. I do hope we prevail and what's the chances of drawing Golspie in the 1st round proper :)

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Now happening on the Saturday night at Claggan Park.

Tempted to go to this after what is bound to be a crap Saints performance against Dundee that afternoon

I take it it will be cash at the gate?

On 22/08/2023 at 00:26, HibeeJibee said:

Jeanfield Swifts v Cupar Hearts now 12:30pm presumably to encourage fans to make a double with St Johnstone v Dundee at 3pm, though with no replays might mean leave early/arrive late if ET.

All other ties confirmed Saturday afternoon but for the first time a large number use their 'domestic' kickoff times rather than 3pm - this has probably happened for the fairly innocuous reason of SFA paperwork altering slightly, with time an open question, when before 3pm was assumed with alternatives meaning being proactive.

Beith, Carluke, Glenafton and Kilwinning are 2pm... Broxburn, Camelon, Easthouses, Penicuik, Tynecastle and Culter are 2:30pm.

In contrast last season only 3 ties did (plus 1 replay) and none in R1; the season before none did and just 1 in R1.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Jeanfield Swifts v Cupar Hearts now 12:30pm presumably to encourage fans to make a double with St Johnstone v Dundee at 3pm, though with no replays might mean leave early/arrive late if ET.

Sod paying top league prices, I might end up making it a double with Scone Thistle's junior cup game instead!

Decent pies at Scone...

Edited by tamthebam
Spellung

On 25/08/2023 at 13:12, HibeeJibee said:

All other ties confirmed Saturday afternoon but for the first time a large number use their 'domestic' kickoff times rather than 3pm - this has probably happened for the fairly innocuous reason of SFA paperwork altering slightly, with time an open question, when before 3pm was assumed with alternatives meaning being proactive.

Beith, Carluke, Glenafton and Kilwinning are 2pm... Broxburn, Camelon, Easthouses, Penicuik, Tynecastle and Culter are 2:30pm.

In contrast last season only 3 ties did (plus 1 replay) and none in R1; the season before none did and just 1 in R1.

I hope you are doing your usual Scottish Cup preview and predictions this year.

More Clubs should do this. 

1990-1991 season 3rd round  cove were home in the 3rd round and so were Aberdeen. 
cove was a 12:30pm kick off and Aberdeen were 3pm buses were laid on from Allan park to take fans down to Pittodrie straight after.

Would like to see similar again especially with banks of Dee who seem to get some good ties at home usually when Aberdeen are home too. 

6 hours ago, Moorie said:

More Clubs should do this. 

1990-1991 season 3rd round  cove were home in the 3rd round and so were Aberdeen. cove was a 12:30pm kick off and Aberdeen were 3pm buses were laid on from Allan park to take fans down to Pittodrie straight after. Would like to see similar again especially with banks of Dee who seem to get some good ties at home usually when Aberdeen are home too. 

I suppose the away team often has little incentive to go along with it - other than their 2/5 of an improved gate - and may be travelling a distance; plus either clubs may have players (or officials) working overnight or morning shifts; and it may inconvenience regular fans.

Jeanfield played their R1 tie v Brechin last season at 12:30pm which avoided St Johnstone v Ross County; crowd  of 365.