Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

I'd maybe watch two teams I'd not seen before but equally I'd watch an Inverness v Ross County, Hamilton v Motherwell or Ayr v Kilmarnock Derby match too. Only games I'd not be interested in would be if a significantly higher ranked team were at home to a v lower ranked outsider (so I'd maybe watch Pollok v St Johnstone but not if it was at McDiarmid) or the Rangers or Celtic at home to anyone games (which will be Viaplay picks regardless). A derby seems a reasonable enough pick in any event.

25 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’m very glad you agree that it would be pretty stupid.

Why consciously make a stupid suggestion? Whatever works for you brother, no judgement. 

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You appear to be unravelling a tad. Probably best to just log out for a bit and try again another time.

The classic retort to a lost argument. 

On 07/11/2023 at 17:37, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'd maybe watch two teams I'd not seen before but equally I'd watch an Inverness v Ross County, Hamilton v Motherwell or Ayr v Kilmarnock Derby match too. Only games I'd not be interested in would be if a significantly higher ranked team were at home to a v lower ranked outsider (so I'd maybe watch Pollok v St Johnstone but not if it was at McDiarmid) or the Rangers or Celtic at home to anyone games (which will be Viaplay picks regardless). A derby seems a reasonable enough pick in any event.

I'd fancy our chances a bit vs St J right now as they're bottom of the Premiership.

Remember, this time last year we only lost 1-0 to Ayr who were leading the Championship and THAT was the TV choice!

39 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That’s how the journey began last year 😉

Well, unfortunately, we all know how your Scottish Cup Journey came to a shuddering stop last season due to administration incompetence, I hope that you advance well in the competition this season.

So we have Scotlands oldest working brewery town v Scotlands old brewery town playing off in the third round with Dunbar United vs Alloa Athletic on Saturday. 
Could it be champagne for the wee guys,,, they’ve played and beaten teams consecutively in ascending leagues. 
Prelim    Beat Vale of Leithen (EoS 1)           
R1            Beat University of Edin (SLL)  
R2                  Beat East Fife  (SPFL 2)                      
R3       - vs Alloa Athletic (SPFL 1)

Or will it be Belhaven Best.

cheers 🍺🍻🍺⚽

Edited by Man from the East

On 07/11/2023 at 15:10, Spikethedee said:

Did I miss the announcement about Scottish Gas sponsoring the Cup??? When did that happen? I presume they've sponsered it for the equivalent of a packet of polos and a bottle of 7-Up?

On 07/11/2023 at 16:42, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I would genuinely tune in deliberately to see one or two teams I'd never seen before on the telly.

Fife derby? Hmm, if it comes on while I'm sitting there I'll watch for a bit. Otherwise, who cares really.

Just the 5 months ago, in a widely publicised arrangement.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23570724.sfa-agree-scottish-gas-deal-sponsor-mens-womens-scottish-cup/

I hadn't heard a peep about it...

9 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

Away back in June!

I was speaking to a couple of mates the other day who both follow football quite closely, and neither of them had heard about it too. Maybe it just passed us all by, but more likely it's just another example of how little media attention given to anything not immediately and directly connected to the Bigot Brothers...

25 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I was speaking to a couple of mates the other day who both follow football quite closely, and neither of them had heard about it too. Maybe it just passed us all by, but more likely it's just another example of how little media attention given to anything not immediately and directly connected to the Bigot Brothers...

I never knew it was sponsored by Scottish Gas until I watched the live draw for the second round.

On 07/11/2023 at 16:42, Ranaldo Bairn said:

56 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

30 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I never knew it was sponsored by Scottish Gas until I watched the live draw for the second round.

As I pointed out a fortnight ago, it was advertised at the time. As exemplified by a big article in the biggest broadsheet in the country. Well, their website; I assume it would have been printed too.