Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Like most things with VAR, it's the inconsistent approach. Doesn't need to be at all games, in the past both teams had to agree to share costs, etc. Plus its something they've never had to use before and never thought they would and an extra cost they hadn't expected. Yes they'll still make money but its another example of the bizarre half arsed implementation of the system we have up here.

Hardly bizarre and in the rules of the Scottish Cup since var was introduced so all clubs know how this is handled.  At VAR ground but not being televised home team can ask away team to share cost or pay for it themselves if they don’t.  TV game clubs share cost as var is well covered by fee 

VAR is only used if the game is hosted by a Premier league side down South.

Although it is slightly different up here, as both clubs can agree not to use if it not televised. 

Struggling to see Buckie’s point though, they will make a fortune after 4.5K is taken off. 

First game back after the winter break for Celtic as well, so it might help the gate. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning going to it instead of the The Caley game, but I'll just go to the pub instead as there's basically zero chance of it being on.  The pitch is fucked even without the 3 metres of snow on top of it.

9 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's just started tipping down with snow in Inverness again, so I doubt there will be much football on north of Perth this weekend, even if it does all melt later on Friday.

I think the The Caley and County games will be fine.  Brora and the local HL games at Clach and Nairn, not so much.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think the The Caley and County games will be fine.  Brora and the local HL games at Clach and Nairn, not so much.

Your dedication to this little affectation always makes me smile.

Brora should be forced to play the rest of their season away from home, such is the state of their pitch and their reluctance to anything about it, either in terms of fixing it or doing early inspections. Circus of a club. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Brora should be forced to play the rest of their season away from home, such is the state of their pitch and their reluctance to anything about it, either in terms of fixing it or doing early inspections. Circus of a club. 

I said the same thing on the Highland League thread. If Fort William had to do it in 21/22, then Brora should have to do it now.

Having a look at referees for tomorrow and spotted something strange. I understand that televised games have a fourth official, with only Celtic-Buckie having VAR. 

However, of the non-televised matches, only the Killie one has a fourth official. Any idea why? 

IMG_7700.jpeg

Edited by Handsome John
Spelling

1 minute ago, Handsome John said:

Having a look at referees for tomorrow and spotted something strange. I understand that televised games have a fourth official, with only Celtic-Buckie having VAR. 

However, of the nnn-televised matches, only the Killie one has a fourth official. Any idea why? 

IMG_7700.jpeg

Because Don Robertson is fucking hopeless?

On 17/01/2024 at 15:01, TheScarf said:

I was planning going to it instead of the The Caley game, but I'll just go to the pub instead as there's basically zero chance of it being on.  The pitch is fucked even without the 3 metres of snow on top of it.

What’s the chances of Tuesdays game going ahead?

43 minutes ago, Moorie said:

What’s the chances of Tuesdays game going ahead?

Their pitch is worse than fucked so probably zero.