Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

8 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Perhaps, but if TV are going to gamble....  Will be an all time low if they cover both of the uglies but not a surprise.

Of course Viaplay will cover both Celtic and Rangers. That’s basically why they bought the rights. 

However, anyone who thinks Dumbarton v Rangers shouldn’t be on TV is taking things to the other extreme. 

We're starting to turn into Rangers with all these home draws against lower league sides.  I'm not complaining however, the SFA need to keep up appearances, which is The Caley playing at Hampden, which is starting to become the norm.*

*When we're away to QP.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Wild chat about Spartans v Hearts, not just here... Hearts forum is a wave of ought to, should, have to, must move to Tynecastle or ER... Spartans are a league club, capacity 3k+, held about that several times!

I had a read of the Kickback thread yesterday and there was literally one poster who suggested Tynecastle and I think (hope) he was just trolling. Every other post was just discussing whether it might get moved to another stadium so more fans could go, and so Spartans could make a wee wedge. There were also a few who would rather it stayed at Ainslie Park so the vermin don’t make any money out of it. Weird post…

13 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Bonnyrigg v Falkirk and Forfar v Hibs should be the first choice TV ties.  Airdrie v St Johnstone arguably the most interesting tie but can see why broadcasters might worry about a poor crowd* for that one.  Celtic v Buckie with a lunchtime kick off would sum up the contempt broadcasters have for supporters.  

*  Irony noted......

Falkirk had Bonnyrigg away in the League Cup last year and we played a friendly down there earlier this season. There's very little excitement from our fanbase, never mind a neutral audience. A round earlier and you could maybe have made a case for it. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

15 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Falkirk had Bonnyrigg away in the League Cup last year and we played a friendly down there earlier this season. There's very little excitement from our fanbase, never mind a neutral audience. A round earlier and you could maybe have made a case for it. 

I see Falkirk as a big club who have fallen on hard times, but from trying to do the right thing in terms of building infrastructure etc. I have no idea if this is the case or not, as my interest is limited. My favourite uncle is a Falkirk fan, but he started to lose interest after you moved from. Brockville, so maybe I am wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, I live in Midlothian now, and I like to see the Midlothian teams progressing in the pyramid. It is all about HMFC for me these days, but a few things will pique my interests locally. I would definitely like to watch Falkirk vs Bonnyrigg on TV. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

22 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’d watch Bonnyrigg v Falkirk if it was on TV, but there’s at least 4 other games in this round that I’d far rather watch. 

Probably. I think the big attraction (apart from family and geography) is down to the history and path of the two clubs in question. 

Falkirk have a decent claim at being one of the top ten sides in Scotland in terms of supporter base, much like their rivals Dunfermline. Both sides were big clubs when I was younger and I still see them both as such.

Bonnyrigg are former Juniors who have almost no history in the professional game.

The fact they are now just a division apart, is intriguing to me. 

16 hours ago, TxRover said:

Wonder how much it might liven up the Cup if teams were allowed to pay each other to swap home and away...

The Taca de Portugal the premier league teams come in at round 3. They are all drawn to play away from home to give the smaller teams some revenue.

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I had a read of the Kickback thread yesterday and there was literally one poster who suggested Tynecastle and I think (hope) he was just trolling. Every other post was just discussing whether it might get moved to another stadium so more fans could go, and so Spartans could make a wee wedge. There were also a few who would rather it stayed at Ainslie Park so the vermin don’t make any money out of it. Weird post…

Not really. Definitely a sense from the majority the game should (due to up to 10k hearts fans going if moved to Easter Road in one post!) or would need moved (due I presume to Ainslie Park being a backwater - it’s isnt). Interestingly only one or two have said Spartans will want to keep it at home to give them a better chance. Almost has if the game is foregone conclusion. 
btw it won’t get moved. The ground is more than capable of hosting a game of this size, it’ll get selected for TV (it’s not appealing if it moves) and it’s not as if Spartans Hearts is high risk. 

5 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Not really. Definitely a sense from the majority the game should (due to up to 10k hearts fans going if moved to Easter Road in one post!) or would need moved (due I presume to Ainslie Park being a backwater - it’s isnt). Interestingly only one or two have said Spartans will want to keep it at home to give them a better chance. Almost has if the game is foregone conclusion. 
btw it won’t get moved. The ground is more than capable of hosting a game of this size, it’ll get selected for TV (it’s not appealing if it moves) and it’s not as if Spartans Hearts is high risk. 

No, that is not what I took from it at all. The HMFC supporters are definitely confident about the game, as you would expect from a Premiership club who have been drawn against an SPFL2 club. I think the confidence is in line with the gap in resources and league positions. I do not see any real over-confidence at all. 

Hearts supporters want to go to the game, and we have played later knock out games at Easter Road in the past, so obviously there is a hope amongst many of us that we might be able to get a ticket for this one if it moves. We then put those two things together and wonder if a move to Easter Road is potentially a thing. Nobody is demanding it or saying that is what needs to happen… outside of a handful of completely out of touch types, perhaps. 

If it is an AP, then I will be struggling for a ticket, but I will do my best. I will just accept it, same as every other supporter. 

There is a weird trend at the moment for clubs to see Hibs as a wee frilly friendly club and Hearts as a big bad bogey man. Generally Hearts supporters do not like Hibs and the old firm but give narey two shits about anyone else. I have nothing at all against Spartans. I wanted them to get in to the SPFL when (I think) Annan got the nod. I like how they go about their business and wish them nothing but the best. Should we not be confident about playing a team a fair bit below us in the league though? Does that really offend people? 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Who will wear the hoops when the Celtic play Buckie ?

Fact - Buckie play in green & white hoops cause Celtic donated their first ever strip.

Wikipedia says  "... local legend has it that Celtic donated the strips to the club."

I'd suggest that it is some way away from a "fact".

3 hours ago, Moorie said:

The Taca de Portugal the premier league teams come in at round 3. They are all drawn to play away from home to give the smaller teams some revenue.

I’m assuming they have different gate receipt rules as they do in Scotland, though. If this rule was in place in Scotland and you had Buckie hosting Celtic, they’d make nowhere near as much as they will by playing at Parkhead.