Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

4 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Almost certainly going to be County in the final, as they need a 3-0 win today to finish above Kilmarnock, unless my calculation's wrong.

The bottom half of the top tier play on Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Almost certainly going to be County in the final, as they need a 3-0 win today to finish above Kilmarnock, unless my calculation's wrong.

Your calculation certainly is wrong, County have a better goal difference than Killie so any kind of County win would do for them.

Just now, G_&_T said:

Okay, so tomorrow then. Is my calculation correct, though?

Just now, bobbykdy said:

Your calculation certainly is wrong, County have a better goal difference than Killie so any kind of County win would do for them.

Yeah any County win does it for them. Some momentum behind Partick right now you'd surely fancy them to go all the way against County or Killie surely? 

Just now, RiG said:

Yeah any County win does it for them. Some momentum behind Partick right now you'd surely fancy them to go all the way against County or Killie surely? 

100% Thistle to win promotion for me regardless of who they play, peaked at the right time IMO.

2 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

😆 You're right. I'm forgetting it's negative. I always make some sort of basic error with maths calculations. Thanks.

I can't even be bothered debating the red card but no doubt that Partick by far deserved to progress over the two legs, we were miles off, and then some, where we needed to be. That's football.

Thistle have got their share of decent posters on here and I hope they go and smash the Premier team in the final.

I'm glad this season is over.😉

1 minute ago, bobbykdy said:

100% Thistle to win promotion for me regardless of who they play, peaked at the right time IMO.

I think there's a sizeable gulf between the two leagues. I wouldn't like to say, to be honest. Certainly Thistle made it look easy last night, though.

1 hour ago, deaddoginthecanal said:

Surely there’s no way Turner is benched? 

Agreed,however,felt Kyle better up front a bit leaving a beefier Banzo to muscle up our midfield as Doc looked a bit betwixt and between last night without his engine room buddy .I have every faith in Dools to sort this out before Thursday …maybe put big Holt at CB underpinning a midfield of Turner and Doc ,dropping Brownlie and playing Hodson at left back ?.Would be unfair on Brownlie as he’s improved in last 4-5 games but them’s the hard choices as the prize gets closer .

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

This is Partick Thistle we're talking about here. The team have done really well under Doolan, we have an experienced, disciplined team with goals and a bit of pace throughout the team...

I just have a nagging, feeling of doubt,  about returning hone from Dingwall, utterly crestfallen, next Sunday evening...

38 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Don’t go on countdown.

He'd turn up on the wrong day, anyway.

Edited by jagfox

10 hours ago, Crawford said:

Partick should absolutely destroy county so would this make them the first 4th placed team to gain promotion to the premiership?

IF, and that's a big if,, we would be. Not as confident when it comes to playing a top flight team, over two legs. 

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I know we've just kept 3 clean sheets in a row but the defence does still worry me for the final. 

I think having the first leg at home will suit us though 

It has certainly worked in our favour so far. Taking a win into,  next Sunday's second leg could be crucial, so we can continue to hit the opposition on the break.

40 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Agreed,however,felt Kyle better up front a bit leaving a beefier Banzo to muscle up our midfield as Doc looked a bit betwixt and between last night without his engine room buddy .I have every faith in Dools to sort this out before Thursday …maybe put big Holt at CB underpinning a midfield of Turner and Doc ,dropping Brownlie and playing Hodson at left back ?.Would be unfair on Brownlie as he’s improved in last 4-5 games but them’s the hard choices as the prize gets closer .

You’re mental if you think we’re making wholesale changes to people / shape for our home leg and on the back of 4-0, 3-0 and 5-0 results. Mental. 

same team please. Let’s get in about them.