The Compo Faces Thread

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

7 minutes to boarding = take your time with your current pint and get a new round in. Sod standing in queue with all the dweebs who somehow think queuing early to board a plane is going to improve their airport experience in the slightest.

I thought that way once when I was flying down to Southampton. The boarding call was made, I said to myself "I'll sit for another 10 minutes or so as boarding always takes time". About 3 minutes later came a call asking me by name to board or miss the flight. Turned out the plane was a small one with only 20 or so seats, so boarding took no time.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

7 minutes to boarding = take your time with your current pint and get a new round in. Sod standing in queue with all the dweebs who somehow think queuing early to board a plane is going to improve their airport experience in the slightest.

Exactly, it's not a race. The flights not leaving until it's scheduled time and boarding is complete. Priority Boarding is one of the simplest scams ever invented to part fools easily of their money. Moronic waste of your hard earned whilst the savvy traveller enjoys a last refreshment and laugh at your expense. 

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is a "roll on sausage" a link sausage?

In my experience they are the only kind that roll

No it's a roll on top of any form of sausage. 

On 29/08/2023 at 21:07, 'WellDel said:

Exactly, it's not a race. The flights not leaving until it's scheduled time and boarding is complete. Priority Boarding is one of the simplest scams ever invented to part fools easily of their money. Moronic waste of your hard earned whilst the savvy traveller enjoys a last refreshment and laugh at your expense. 

Think you'll find airport pints are an even older scam aimed at the moronic tbh

On 29/08/2023 at 15:34, Boghead ranter said:

Or the c*nts that buy one of the houses that back onto Ochilview Park, then raise complaint after complaint that Stenhousemuir play football there.

What?

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

in what way am I being tricked when buying an admittedly over-priced pint that will help me kill two hours? 

You're not being tricked when paying for priority boarding,either-you get on before non priority.

But it's an utterly shameless rip off,as are airport pints

The boarding thing is fascinating behaviour. I've never understood why anyone would want to be the first on board, voluntarily spending more time cramped in their seat - never mind actually pay extra for this - when you can simply wait for the queue to go down at the terminal while enjoying ample space to sit or walk around.

25 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The boarding thing is fascinating behaviour. I've never understood why anyone would want to be the first on board, voluntarily spending more time cramped in their seat - never mind actually pay extra for this - when you can simply wait for the queue to go down at the terminal while enjoying ample space to sit or walk around.

I think the biggest reason is wanting to get on early so they can get space in the overhead locker next to them. rather than their bag having to go in a locker 20 odd seats away.

4 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I think the biggest reason is wanting to get on early so they can get space in the overhead locker next to them. rather than their bag having to go in a locker 20 odd seats away.

Exactly right.

ETA - we usually try to avoid taking anything on board these days apart from small hand luggage that fits underneath the seat, but it’s not always possible.

Edited by Granny Danger