The Compo Faces Thread

No idea what the wee dug actually does for him.

A disabled man claims he was accused of lying by Glasgow Poundland staff.

Iain Wallace was “embarrassed” after an employee told him “that is not a service dog” despite the pet wearing his official uniform.

17705169.jpg?type=mds-article-620

The 66-year-old, from Clarkston, visited the Argyle Street branch on Thursday, January 25, when he was confronted by staff.

Iain suffers from arthritis and spondylosis leaving him struggling with his mobility and using a walking stick.

He relies on his four-year-old Jack-Tzu dog, Mungo, to keep his independence but claims staff “didn’t believe him

17705194.jpg?type=mds-article-620

Despite this Iain has had multiple instances of being challenged by staff for Mungo helping him.

We reported how a B&M employee challenged him at the Shawlands branch in Glasgow's Southside.

Now weeks later he has been confronted again by Poundland, who called the incident a “mistake

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

Iain Wallace was “embarrassed” after an employee told him “that is not a service dog” despite the pet wearing his official uniform.

The 66-year-old, from Clarkston, visited the Argyle Street branch on Thursday, January 25, when he was confronted by staff.

Iain suffers from arthritis and spondylosis leaving him struggling with his mobility and using a walking stick.

He relies on his four-year-old Jack-Tzu dog, Mungo, to keep his independence but claims staff “didn’t believe him

Despite this Iain has had multiple instances of being challenged by staff for Mungo helping him.

We reported how a B&M employee challenged him at the Shawlands branch in Glasgow's Southside.

Now weeks later he has been confronted again by Poundland, who called the incident a “mistake

Despite his claims I doubt that is in any way official.

All service dogs are trained to shit on demand and given he is clearly carrying bags about to pick up after it, I would say he has just bought a jacket for his dog.

Hope it is a real service dog as folk wandering about with a vest off Amazon makes life harder for folk with hearing or epilepsy dogs.

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Despite his claims I doubt that is in any way official.

All service dogs are trained to shit on demand and given he is clearly carrying bags about to pick up after it, I would say he has just bought a jacket for his dog.

Hope it is a real service dog as folk wandering about with a vest off Amazon makes life harder for folk with hearing or epilepsy dogs.

Shit on demand or not surely it will still need picking up?

11 hours ago, bennett said:

I just don't know how the dog assists him with his arthritis? 

362 potholes found in region every week

No compo face in photo unfortunately but the headline amused me

I read the news today, oh boy
362 holes in Dumfries and Galloway
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

362 potholes found in region every week

No compo face in photo unfortunately but the headline amused me

I read the news today, oh boy
362 holes in Dumfries and Galloway
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall

That’ll be Easterbrook Hall. 

35 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Stewart Milne upsets a few here:

IMG_7593.thumb.jpeg.11bbe3d11e914e3b06813c7d8668b0cf.jpegIMG_7592.thumb.jpeg.431944c34c4e048f29f3220f00a5d12e.jpeg

I hope he gets fűck all. Poppers in the wall and a non apparent crack in the ceiling? You phoned the paper to stand and advertise your company you absolute spoofer.

In fact, I hope your house crumbles to the ground.

Ayr folk aren't happy again. 

Furious Ayr residents force South Ayrshire Council to return pavement to original size after traffic chaos on main road

0_AMP_SDR_050224_MAINHOLM_00009.jpg

Council chiefs have been forced to return a pavement to its original size at a new housing estate after being blasted by residents over traffic chaos.

Bosses have vowed to reinstate the walkway on Mainholm Road, Ayr after it was widened as part of a development at the site of the former Mainholm Academy.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

Ayr folk aren't happy again. 

Furious Ayr residents force South Ayrshire Council to return pavement to original size after traffic chaos on main road

0_AMP_SDR_050224_MAINHOLM_00009.jpg

Council chiefs have been forced to return a pavement to its original size at a new housing estate after being blasted by residents over traffic chaos.

Bosses have vowed to reinstate the walkway on Mainholm Road, Ayr after it was widened as part of a development at the site of the former Mainholm Academy.

intrigued by the article and it was inevitably about parking. Bingo parking article points for use of:

- "nightmare";

- "bottleneck";

- "disaster waiting to happen".