Queen's Parks Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QP's next permanent manager?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Scott Burns is reporting today that we're linked with Robert Veldman, currently assistant manager at Anderlecht. 

Saw that too.  Know literally nothing about him, so sounds like a perfect fit!

11 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

He seems to have spent his time there as assistant to two managers, along with a brief spell as caretaker in between. Prior to that he was the head coach of their u21s.

Definitely seems to fit the Beuker mold, and not just because he's Dutch!

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

He seems to have spent his time there as assistant to two managers, along with a brief spell as caretaker in between. Prior to that he was the head coach of their u21s.

Definitely seems to fit the Beuker mold, and not just because he's Dutch!

I read that his preferred formation was a 3-4-3; that'll be Eze, Bannon, and Fox at the back; get that threesome working and we can build from there.

There's always going to be a degree of risk when you appoint someone who isn't familiar with the Scottish game, but I'd rather take a punt on a young, well respected coach like him than any of the names in this poll.

Just now, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Guaranteed big Yogi will stick an app in, then moan publicly when he doesn't get it. 

He was straight faced saying he’d put an application in for Aberdeen, whilst fellow pundits were trying to stifle laughter and humour him. He’s probably put in for the Celtic gig. 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

There's always going to be a degree of risk when you appoint someone who isn't familiar with the Scottish game, but I'd rather take a punt on a young, well respected coach like him than any of the names in this poll.

Genuinely excited by this.

Is Tam Courts still in the mix? Thought his CV is a good match and provided the Scottish dimension. I said early on though another Dutchman would be likely. After Coyle and Ellis, I felt Beuker is unlikely to give his trust to a Scot, or anyone not Dutch. And I can’t blame him. Even our more enlightened coaches inevitably end up needing to win something in a hurry. Courts must have been close though.

With Paul Nuitjen running the youth set-up and Beuker steering the ship, Veldman’s addition, if it happens, will have us tagged as copying the Advocaat revolution. I think these lads will be coming from the very opposite end of that street. I’d also expect this season to be much more about development of the youngsters and less about promotion. Otherwise, we’ll never break the mould.

On 09/06/2023 at 09:48, Spider1975 said:

Why, does he have a house half-built that's totally not fit for purpose, and is borrowing the neighbours big house?

On 08/06/2023 at 13:57, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Is it true that, as part of the deal to move back to Hampden, Steve Clarke will manage Queens as well as the National Team?

Yes. You also get McGinn, Robertson, Hickey, Dykes and Adams.

9 hours ago, an86 said:

He was straight faced saying he’d put an application in for Aberdeen, whilst fellow pundits were trying to stifle laughter and humour him. He’s probably put in for the Celtic gig. 

He apparently applied for the Motherwell job too. Such applications deserve the same respect as the usual 'hilarious' ones from the guys who fire one on the basis that they play Football Manager and have done well in it.