Queen's Parks Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QP's next permanent manager?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, an86 said:

2-3 weeks to get a work visa, I think. Depends when the application went in. Might be a “From July 1st” type announcement. Director of Football will likely be in charge of recruitment anyway. Seems to be the way of things now, so not overly bothered on that front. 

When do the players start back for pre season training? I thought it might have been this week, or perhaps next week at the latest.

I wonder who will be leading that? Possibly the Sports Science guys?

14 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

When do the players start back for pre season training? I thought it might have been this week, or perhaps next week at the latest.

Going by the quick search I’ve had for last year, it was very late June and then over to the Netherlands for early July. Pretty clear it’s going to be Veldman taking over, so any paperwork hold up is a “it is what it is” situation.

Cold hard reality of Brexit. We want to employ an eminently qualified worker. That worker has to jump through hoops and then kick his heels whilst a load of tedious admin is done. A few years ago, it was a passport, an EasyJet flight and a handshake. 

1 minute ago, CathcartSkins said:

I would not be surprised if the new head coach is unveiled at said event. A meet and greet, with the fans, sponsors and players; would garner much positive publicity. 

Do you ever get the fear you might unveil big yogi

11 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I think they're back on Monday so the Saturday "event" would be the end of the first week. It'll be fitness training and, you're right, you don't need the manager for that.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I think they're back on Monday so the Saturday "event" would be the end of the first week. It'll be fitness training and, you're right, you don't need the manager for that.

So the test event is watching a dozen players doing stretches for two hours 

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

So the test event is watching a dozen players doing stretches for two hours 

It's described as a "bounce game" on the club website so presumably there will be some actual kicking of balls into goals going on. Probably not the most exciting thing in the world but hey, it's free!

11 minutes ago, Kevin Finnerty said:

It's described as a "bounce game" on the club website so presumably there will be some actual kicking of balls into goals going on. Probably not the most exciting thing in the world but hey, it's free!

and the bar is open 

On 13/06/2023 at 10:31, Zanetti said:

^^^ supports a club that employs Dougie Imrie, input immediately discredited I'm afraid.

^^^  Chooses a well-known shitebag as his username, input immediately discredited I’m afraid.

On 13/06/2023 at 10:31, Zanetti said:

^^^ supports a club that employs Dougie Imrie, input immediately discredited I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

^^^  Chooses a well-known shitebag as his username, input immediately discredited I’m afraid.

Other Zanettis are available...