Queen's Parks Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QP's next permanent manager?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MB in that podcast talks of an alignment of coaching with all coaching staff from youth up, essentially coaching the same philosophy,  I wonder therefore if the divergence between OC and MB/LD probably started well before the end of the season....

In January, despite the pre-contract agreement with Ross County and despite stating to the club (according to Spiders Talk) that he would stay until the end of the season, Simon Murray, (division leading goal scorer) was let go for a pittance by all accounts; we all assume OC sanctioned this, but can't recall any statement tacitly agreeing this point, (nor would there likely be).  

By late February/March, although OC was outwardly being positive etc, (save the odd commentary on the defence), the form declined significantly, as did the results.  It was only really after the 2nd leg Partick loss that OC bemoaned openly a lack of depth in the squad.  

OC has most likely, during the post-season review looked at what he had left, stated what he wanted in terms of playing staff (and therefore budget) and how he was going to go about things, to which LD and MB may have countered with 'well, this is what you've got, this is what we're going to give you and this is how you're going to do it'.  At which point OC saw that his dream of challenging for promotion next year was significantly different to the likely reality.  I also wonder how well the signing of Eze has gone down as I assume he was OC's call, having managed him previously and given the fact he ended up being our 3rd and towards the end of the season 4th choice CB ?

As has been stated above, I doubt very much whether an 'old school' (pardon the phrase) Scottish manager is likely to toe the party line, such I doubt that MM will be heading south to us.  I'm expecting some sort of left-field, stop gap appointment, be-it from overseas or current youth/number 2 somewhere until such time as we start promoting from within.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Beuker is either a stubborn fool or he’s already got someone lined up.

MB doing his due diligence and making sure that we get the right guy in instead of having to keep hiring for the same position doesn't make him a stubborn fool. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Indeed. But that inevitably leads us back to the conundrum about what do we expect to achieve in the leagues. If they want more folks to empty their wallet on a Saturday afternoon that needs a winning team, or at least a team nice to watch. For most football fans, it’s all about the Saturday.

It is but as last season proved, for me, its easy to forget where we were and get caught up in a (probably premature) title chase. Much as I liked OC, his apparent inability to turn a terrible run of results around was a concern. For now am happy to believe in MBs vision and if there was friction between them....... 

Am content with the lack of rumours as prefer this being done away from the media (knowing someone else turned it down is not the ideal start for any new manager). Hopefully we can get some stability with this appointment as not sure its easy to build something if you're continually changing key staff. 

I really liked OC, but the dramatic slump towards the end of the season was truly concerning. When did we look impressive in the last two months of the season? Plus, we didn't lay on glove on Morton or Dundee.  I was sad to see him go but we move on.

We need to get the right guy; not someone right now. Ditto playing personnel.  Beuker is bound to be up to his erse in negotiations for both. No cause for alarm that we don't have absolutely everything nailed down yet. Apart from the ground situation......

On 01/06/2023 at 16:37, QPEast said:

MB doing his due diligence and making sure that we get the right guy in instead of having to keep hiring for the same position doesn't make him a stubborn fool. 

You've taken it out of context. I was referring to his stand-off with Coyle. And I did give the option of having someone lined up.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

There's not a chance we're actually going to hire Malky Mackay. 

As Spider1975 said above, I also believe it's going to be someone that we really wouldn't expect, or necessarily even have heard of before. Not just because of the way that Beuker & the club want to operate, but because there have been absolutely zero rumours linking us with any of the usual names, which to me suggests we haven't made any contact with the likes of the list at the top of the page. 

But first if we could get some stadium news that would be nice. Then we'll take it from there.

8 hours ago, Fife spider said:

Still think it will not be one of the usual suspects. David mccallum is supposed to be giving up the Rangers b job and if posticoglu goes to spurs John Kennedy may be looking for a job.

I did wonder about Kennedy, his background would seem like a half-decent fit with us, (scouting, youth development etc).  Whether he'd take the pay cut and leave Celtic for his first stint at management with QP is another matter though. 

13 hours ago, Fife spider said:

Still think it will not be one of the usual suspects. David mccallum is supposed to be giving up the Rangers b job and if posticoglu goes to spurs John Kennedy may be looking for a job.

John Kennedy himself has also been linked with the Spurs job.