Queen's Parks Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QP's next permanent manager?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Wonder if we’ll go with an assistant who knows the level. Not doing that might actually be the biggest risk we could take. 

I thought it was interesting that the club officially announced that Coyle had left, then a few days later announced Coyle jnr had left, but there has been no mention of Sandy Stewart.

I'm assuming he's also left, and will go with Coyle to his next post. He has been removed from the staff section of the website last time I looked. However given he hasn't been mentioned or thanked by the club, is it possible that he'll still be around next season? Wouldnt be the worst option to have as an experienced Scottish coach and would keep some continuity from last season.

On 11/06/2023 at 23:58, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

Absolute banger of a theme tune, too: a platinum-selling, number-one-hitting theme tune – originally recorded as library music – which, according to Wikipedia, went on to become one of the 12 best-selling singles of the '70s! (So... The twelfth-best, presumably?)

CONTENT WARNING: Contains graphic scenes of Noel Edmonds, which some viewers might find distressing.

Nice to see Paul Sturrock conducting.

On 12/06/2023 at 15:32, Ben Reilly said:

I thought it was interesting that the club officially announced that Coyle had left, then a few days later announced Coyle jnr had left, but there has been no mention of Sandy Stewart.

I'm assuming he's also left, and will go with Coyle to his next post. He has been removed from the staff section of the website last time I looked. However given he hasn't been mentioned or thanked by the club, is it possible that he'll still be around next season? Wouldnt be the worst option to have as an experienced Scottish coach and would keep some continuity from last season.

I thought maybe Junior got a mention due to his spell taking the Young team. When I said Tam Coates would be a close second, I wasn’t speaking metaphorically. Defo need someone who can translate the Scottish game culture, especially in the transition phase.

i suppose Louis Longridge would be a dark horse too🤔

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I thought maybe Junior got a mention due to his spell taking the Young team. When I said Tam Coates would be a close second, I wasn’t speaking metaphorically. Defo need someone who can translate the Scottish game culture, especially in the transition phase.

i suppose Louis Longridge would be a dark horse too🤔

Liam Fox for assistant?

The Dons have also confirmed that first-team coach Liam Fox has turned down a contract extension and is leaving to be closer to his family in the central belt.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/marley-watkins-leads-quartet-aberdeen-30220122

David Hopkin is still available. Just saying like, plenty of experience and one good job done (on the coat tails of his assistant), good eye for a player ( if he is totally shite, but can hoof the ball aimlessly). Give him the job for the laughs...

38 minutes ago, RichRJohnstone said:

Wondering if we might face some work permit delays in announcing Veldman? Just remembering the time it took for Eze to be announced last year when we all knew it was a done deal.

2-3 weeks to get a work visa, I think. Depends when the application went in. Might be a “From July 1st” type announcement. Director of Football will likely be in charge of recruitment anyway. Seems to be the way of things now, so not overly bothered on that front.