Queen's Parks Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QP's next permanent manager?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I really don't think there's any chance Malky would even be considered for the job.

I wish I had your faith. A club that has an unerring ability to blast itself in the foot. It’s almost exactly the sort of thing I’d expect to happen tbh. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

A number of reasons why this should simply never happen. The main ones:

“Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers.” 

He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted.”

"Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.”

"Fkn chinkys.” “Fk it. There’s enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.” 

I’m all for “we all make mistakes” but it’s not a mistake when it’s a pattern of behaviour. He was also in his early 40s at the time, not that youthful idiocy would even be a particularly strong defence. Guy is a piece of shit. 

That is not a mistake. That's "hello I am a horrible c**t". He was only sorry that he got caught.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I wish I had your faith. A club that has an unerring ability to blast itself in the foot. It’s almost exactly the sort of thing I’d expect to happen tbh. 

I know the club have made mistakes and a lot of things are uncertain at the minute, but an appointment like that would have to be deliberately malicious and I can't see it at all thankfully!

7 minutes ago, Crawford said:

If you are quick I'm sure you can get Callum Davidson. 

I mean really quick.

Like now.

Please?

No thanks, but we appreciate your sacrifice. That's one fewer terrible option for us to be linked with by a bored journalist looking for some clicks.

34 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That is not a mistake. That's "hello I am a horrible c**t". He was only sorry that he got caught.

Aye. That’s why I said “it’s not a mistake when it’s a pattern of behaviour.” Even a one off would be hard to accept. You either think these things or you don’t. 

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I know the club have made mistakes and a lot of things are uncertain at the minute, but an appointment like that would have to be deliberately malicious and I can't see it at all thankfully!

It was made abundantly clear when Mackay got the Ross County job that a lot of people in the football community think very highly of him. Our club underestimated the backlash but persevered regardless. If County can ride that out, I'm sure Queen's Park could (although the long-term damage remains to be seen). Two years later, he's an accepted part of the Scottish football scene again.

3 hours ago, an86 said:

And this another reason why I could see it happening.

On 17/05/2023 at 13:21, Ludo*1 said:

Heard you've thrown money at Davidson hence scuppering our deal.

Devastated.

I'd be surprised as a) I'm not sure if he 'fit's' what we are after and b) would have thought Dundee being only another 20 mins up the road from Perth may have suited him better, (think he resides in Dunblane/BoA).  Now I've stated that,  I'll be fully expecting the Dumpster to announce his appointment tomorrow!

Whats the consensus on Tam Courts if he was given the role? 
Watched a coaching conference he did whilst Dundee United Manager & was impressed with his levels of preparation & planning. Also his record at both Kelty & Dundee Utd were good. Seems he’d fit well with the focus on youth impetus. 

(really i’m just looking to stimulate some discussion on this, the lack of any real rumour mill is killing me!)

Whoever takes the QP poisoned chalice will have to work with that pseudo science spouting Dutch 'guru' Haughey has installed as technical director. 

Coyle jumped at the first chance rather than work on with Beuker and the word will have got around pretty quickly about him.

QP is obviously a vanity project for his Lordship, but Scottish Football is pretty basic in these sense that, if you want to focus on youth development and get into the top flight, you need to do what McDonald did with Hamilton Accies.

That means sticking with a manager, not chopping and changing evertime the technical 'guru' in the back office gets the hump. Putting Beuker in charge so that he can crash and burn as a manager may the best outcome. If he's got anything about him, as opposed to 'motivational speeches' and 'expert presentations', he'll want to become a manager. The technical director model has never worked well in Scottish football.

Edited by Charliechurch